Brendan Fraser Confirmed Joining "Mummy 3"
No doubt providing the link between the second and third installment of the hit adventure series, Brendan Fraser finally is positive to reprise his role as Rick O'Connell in Universal Pictures' "The Mummy 3."
Variety has confirmed that the actor has closed a rich deal to return for the third part of the franchise, thereby joining martial arts star Jet Li, who will play a major villain in the project. On the other hand, it is sadly reported that Rachel Weisz, who played Evelyn Carnahan in the previous two installments, has dropped out of talks to reprise the role.
Expected to begin filming late in summer this year under the direction of "XXX" helmer Rob Cohen for a planned July 18, 2008 release, "Mummy 3" reportedly will focus heavily on Alex O'Connell, the son of O'Connell and Carnahan, rather than the couple themselves. Story has been revealed to be set in China with Li's story beginning in ancient times before moving to a post-World War II setting.
In related news, words are spreading around that teen actor Alex Pettyfer is on the line to fill in the role of Alex O'Connell, who is depicted to be in his late teens to early 20s. The character is described as also a smart adventurer like his father yet rather troublesome as he is said to have been through nine schools in three years and have got into trouble before with a headmaster's daughter.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy