Karey Kirkpatrick Teaching at "Pirate School"
Continues to stay in his expertise of writing family fare, Karey Kirkpatrick has given his commitment to pen a screenplay for an action comedy flick entitled "Captain Abdul's Pirate School" while being attached to also direct, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The project marks the first of the collaboration Kirkpatrick has struck with Nickelodeon Movies and MTV Films through his newly-established Blue Shirt Productions as he recently inked a two-year, first-look production deal with both companies to provide live-action family fare for them.
No word yet on either cast or production schedule for "Pirate School", but it is revealed that the picture will be made based on Colin McNaughton's book of the same name. Meanwhile, Kirkpatrick is said to work on the script together with his writing partners Clare Sera and Chris Poche, who previously penned additional dialogue for Kirkpatrick's 2006 animated feature "Over the Hedge."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'