Karey Kirkpatrick Teaching at "Pirate School"
Continues to stay in his expertise of writing family fare, Karey Kirkpatrick has given his commitment to pen a screenplay for an action comedy flick entitled "Captain Abdul's Pirate School" while being attached to also direct, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The project marks the first of the collaboration Kirkpatrick has struck with Nickelodeon Movies and MTV Films through his newly-established Blue Shirt Productions as he recently inked a two-year, first-look production deal with both companies to provide live-action family fare for them.
No word yet on either cast or production schedule for "Pirate School", but it is revealed that the picture will be made based on Colin McNaughton's book of the same name. Meanwhile, Kirkpatrick is said to work on the script together with his writing partners Clare Sera and Chris Poche, who previously penned additional dialogue for Kirkpatrick's 2006 animated feature "Over the Hedge."
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory