Lordi to Rock North America and Asia
After making a blast in 2006 Eurovision Song Contest, Finland's rock band Lordi will bring the same success to North America and Asia. In support of full-length version of 2006's "The Arockalypse", the band will tour in Japan for 4 dates and in East Rutherford, US for 2 dates.
Japan's leg begins April 9 in Tokyo and ends April 13 in Nagoya. The band will then fly to New Jersey for The Bamboozle Fest on May 5-6. My Chemical Romance will join them in the May 5th show while Linkin Park joins in the next. After that, Lordi will headline 2007 Ozzfest that starts July 12 in Seattle, WA and wraps up on August 30 in West Palm Beach, FL.
It was pretty clear that the band would like to set their flag in US and Asian market, but the frontman Mr. Lordi is extra careful in this. "Easy does it. I do not think it is very different to Europe. It is about overcoming prejudices," he said. "If you catch the drift, it takes you one second to get hooked. If it is not instant, it is likely you will never get it."
The band recently was signed to The End Records to release "The Arockalypse" that comes with 3 additional tracks including Eurovision-winning "Hard Rock Hallelujah". The album was released on March 20, 2007 following the DVD version.
- Report: John Mayer Dating Natalie Morales
- Report: Jennifer Garner's 'Pregnant and Alone' After Ben Affleck Divorce Filing
- '13 Reasons Why' Is Near Season 2 Renewal on Netflix
- Chris Soules Called 911 After Deadly Car Crash, Tried to Help Victim
- 'Alien: Covenant' New Prologue Reveals 'Prometheus' Big Mystery
- Johnny Depp Surprises Pirates of the Caribbean Riders at Disneyland as Captain Jack Sparrow
- Drake and Draymond Green Mock Each Other in Hilarious Meme War
- Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff to Reunite for First Live Performances in 12 Years