David Goyer Builds "Super Max" at Warner Bros.
Looks like good relationship still lies between David Goyer and Warner Bros. Pictures regardless of the former's shocking decision to take departure from the company's superhero project "The Flash."
According to WizardUniverse.com, the Michigan-born filmmaker has successfully sold an idea focusing on the more villainous side of the DC universe with story being built around DC Comics' superhero the Green Arrow.
Entitled "Super Max", the project follows the Robin Hood-like character as he is thrown into a maximum-security prison for super-villains upon being wrongly convicted of a crime, forcing him to face a number of inmates he put there.
"He's Green Arrow for the first 10 minutes of the movie, and then he's arrested and his secret identity is revealed," Goyer explained. "They shave his goatee and they take his costume and send him to prison for life, and he has to escape. It's like 'Alcatraz,' and he has to team up with, in some cases, some of the very same villains he is responsible for incarcerating in order to get out and clear his name."
"Of course, tons of people try to kill him while he's in there," he continued. "We've populated the prison with all sorts of B and C villains from the DC Universe. For the fans, there will be all sorts of characters the hardcore comic book junkies will know, but they're all going to be there under their human names and no one is wearing a costume, but there will be a lot of characters with powers and things like that."
Also plans to set up a graphic novel or miniseries that would tie in to the possible film, Goyer is attached to produce alongside his wife, Jessika Borsiczky Goyer, with Lynn Harris overseeing for Warner. No name being signed on to direct yet, but it is learned that the flick will be developed based on script penned by Justin Marks, the man who launched the original idea.
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2