Halle Berry Goes Bald for "Nappily Ever After"
Showing her full dedication in acting field, Halle Berry is going to do an extreme step few top actresses would dare: shed her hair for a film role.
"I'm going to shave my head bald. I can't believe it," she told reporters late on Wednesday, April 4, 2007.
The Oscar winner turns out to have been picked up for rom-com flick "Nappily Ever After" which will see her play a woman whose hair is starting to fall out and decides to shave it all, leading her to deal with people's perceptions of who she is and how her hair defined her.
"I still struggle with this hair issue," she remarked while pointing out that her character "is forced to look at what beauty is, and it comes from inside." "I'm going to get the lesson on film, and hopefully other women will get it, too."
Though it's clear that Berry is determined to shave her real brunette locks for the bald looks rather than just wears a cap to fake it, moviegoers seem to have wait for more than a year to see the hairless head of the beauty since a new draft of the project was only recently completed.
More Halle Berry News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory