Halle Berry Goes Bald for "Nappily Ever After"
Showing her full dedication in acting field, Halle Berry is going to do an extreme step few top actresses would dare: shed her hair for a film role.
"I'm going to shave my head bald. I can't believe it," she told reporters late on Wednesday, April 4, 2007.
The Oscar winner turns out to have been picked up for rom-com flick "Nappily Ever After" which will see her play a woman whose hair is starting to fall out and decides to shave it all, leading her to deal with people's perceptions of who she is and how her hair defined her.
"I still struggle with this hair issue," she remarked while pointing out that her character "is forced to look at what beauty is, and it comes from inside." "I'm going to get the lesson on film, and hopefully other women will get it, too."
Though it's clear that Berry is determined to shave her real brunette locks for the bald looks rather than just wears a cap to fake it, moviegoers seem to have wait for more than a year to see the hairless head of the beauty since a new draft of the project was only recently completed.
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance