Halle Berry Goes Bald for "Nappily Ever After"
Showing her full dedication in acting field, Halle Berry is going to do an extreme step few top actresses would dare: shed her hair for a film role.
"I'm going to shave my head bald. I can't believe it," she told reporters late on Wednesday, April 4, 2007.
The Oscar winner turns out to have been picked up for rom-com flick "Nappily Ever After" which will see her play a woman whose hair is starting to fall out and decides to shave it all, leading her to deal with people's perceptions of who she is and how her hair defined her.
"I still struggle with this hair issue," she remarked while pointing out that her character "is forced to look at what beauty is, and it comes from inside." "I'm going to get the lesson on film, and hopefully other women will get it, too."
Though it's clear that Berry is determined to shave her real brunette locks for the bald looks rather than just wears a cap to fake it, moviegoers seem to have wait for more than a year to see the hairless head of the beauty since a new draft of the project was only recently completed.
More Halle Berry News
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!