PBS Brings "America at a Crossroads"
Taking deep concern on the critical issues posed by September 11th incident, PBS TV network is going to launch a special series consisting of eleven independently produced documentaries which explore the challenges confronting the post-9/11 world, including the war on terrorism, the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as the experience of American troops serving abroad.
Entitled "America at Crossroad", the series will premiere on Sunday, April 15, 2007 to then runs through Friday, April 20 hosted by Robert MacNeil who will provide context to the compelling stories and provocative points of view throughout its airings. List of the films featured can be viewed on the series' section at the network's official site with footage from the series available at YouTube.
In companion to the show, there will be an extensive media and outreach campaign in more than 25 communities designed to create a national dialogue surrounding the crucial issues explored in it. The campaign encompasses screenings and discussions with U.S. military personnel, leading policy experts and Islamic leaders; an in-depth online presence; also educational initiatives.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo