PBS Brings "America at a Crossroads"
Taking deep concern on the critical issues posed by September 11th incident, PBS TV network is going to launch a special series consisting of eleven independently produced documentaries which explore the challenges confronting the post-9/11 world, including the war on terrorism, the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as the experience of American troops serving abroad.
Entitled "America at Crossroad", the series will premiere on Sunday, April 15, 2007 to then runs through Friday, April 20 hosted by Robert MacNeil who will provide context to the compelling stories and provocative points of view throughout its airings. List of the films featured can be viewed on the series' section at the network's official site with footage from the series available at YouTube.
In companion to the show, there will be an extensive media and outreach campaign in more than 25 communities designed to create a national dialogue surrounding the crucial issues explored in it. The campaign encompasses screenings and discussions with U.S. military personnel, leading policy experts and Islamic leaders; an in-depth online presence; also educational initiatives.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy