PBS Brings "America at a Crossroads"
Taking deep concern on the critical issues posed by September 11th incident, PBS TV network is going to launch a special series consisting of eleven independently produced documentaries which explore the challenges confronting the post-9/11 world, including the war on terrorism, the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as the experience of American troops serving abroad.
Entitled "America at Crossroad", the series will premiere on Sunday, April 15, 2007 to then runs through Friday, April 20 hosted by Robert MacNeil who will provide context to the compelling stories and provocative points of view throughout its airings. List of the films featured can be viewed on the series' section at the network's official site with footage from the series available at YouTube.
In companion to the show, there will be an extensive media and outreach campaign in more than 25 communities designed to create a national dialogue surrounding the crucial issues explored in it. The campaign encompasses screenings and discussions with U.S. military personnel, leading policy experts and Islamic leaders; an in-depth online presence; also educational initiatives.
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos