H.I.M. to Release Sixth Studio Album
Finland's very own rock band H.I.M. is to release sixth studio album titled "Venus Doom". The album that is scheduled for July 10 is revealed by the frontman Ville Valo to have fewer complexes, and less confusing materials compared to the previous.
The 2005's "Dark Light" though receiving gold certification, was considered by many as an uneasy listening. That is why Valo said that they simplify the tune of "Venus Doom", but still making it heavier than the rest in terms of the whole idea. Valo added that this record results from the equation between My Bloody Valentine's Loveless and Metallica's Master of Puppets.
"We wanted to make a really rockin' album, one that would explode your speakers. But we also wanted to maintain the melancholy aspects of love and loss in the lyrics and then have the really sweet vocals amidst this storm of guitars," he said. "Lyrically, it's about me losing a relationship and then actually regaining it, and losing my sanity and regaining it."
Claiming that it is a very dark year for them, Valo continued that even though the record is lyrically heavy, but it is also a form of celebration in life. "It's about remembering the ones you loved with a smile rather than being all dark and brooding and having hair in your face and trying to be Robert Smith from The Cure."
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic