H.I.M. to Release Sixth Studio Album
Finland's very own rock band H.I.M. is to release sixth studio album titled "Venus Doom". The album that is scheduled for July 10 is revealed by the frontman Ville Valo to have fewer complexes, and less confusing materials compared to the previous.
The 2005's "Dark Light" though receiving gold certification, was considered by many as an uneasy listening. That is why Valo said that they simplify the tune of "Venus Doom", but still making it heavier than the rest in terms of the whole idea. Valo added that this record results from the equation between My Bloody Valentine's Loveless and Metallica's Master of Puppets.
"We wanted to make a really rockin' album, one that would explode your speakers. But we also wanted to maintain the melancholy aspects of love and loss in the lyrics and then have the really sweet vocals amidst this storm of guitars," he said. "Lyrically, it's about me losing a relationship and then actually regaining it, and losing my sanity and regaining it."
Claiming that it is a very dark year for them, Valo continued that even though the record is lyrically heavy, but it is also a form of celebration in life. "It's about remembering the ones you loved with a smile rather than being all dark and brooding and having hair in your face and trying to be Robert Smith from The Cure."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!