The Divorce of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown Approved to Become Final
She wiped her tears during the court proceeding Wednesday April 4th and refused to comment to reporters as she left the courtroom. Whitney Houston has her divorce to hubby Bobby Brown approved by a judge in Orange County, Calif., and will become final by April 24th.
Judge Franz E. Miller, moreover, awarded custody of the couple's 14-year-old daughter, Bobbi Christina Brown, to Houston who testified that she didn't need spousal or child support and that her daughter, Bobbi, couldn't rely on Brown.
Further the singer reveals, "He's unreliable. If he says he's going to come, something he does, usually he doesn't." Following the decision, an attorney for Brown says he will file a petition to overturn the judge's decision.
Brown, 40, and Houston, 43, had been married for 14 years. She initially filed for legal separation from Brown on Sept. 8, 2006, then proceeded with a request for a divorce in mid-October. On Dec. 28, she requested a default judgment to fast-track the dissolution of the marriage.
More Whitney Houston News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna