The Divorce of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown Approved to Become Final
She wiped her tears during the court proceeding Wednesday April 4th and refused to comment to reporters as she left the courtroom. Whitney Houston has her divorce to hubby Bobby Brown approved by a judge in Orange County, Calif., and will become final by April 24th.
Judge Franz E. Miller, moreover, awarded custody of the couple's 14-year-old daughter, Bobbi Christina Brown, to Houston who testified that she didn't need spousal or child support and that her daughter, Bobbi, couldn't rely on Brown.
Further the singer reveals, "He's unreliable. If he says he's going to come, something he does, usually he doesn't." Following the decision, an attorney for Brown says he will file a petition to overturn the judge's decision.
Brown, 40, and Houston, 43, had been married for 14 years. She initially filed for legal separation from Brown on Sept. 8, 2006, then proceeded with a request for a divorce in mid-October. On Dec. 28, she requested a default judgment to fast-track the dissolution of the marriage.
More Whitney Houston News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake