Take That, Among Acts Tributing Princess Diana
In memory of the late Princess Diana, her sons William and Harry have both penned several names to perform in a concert. "We want it to represent exactly what our mother would have wanted. A church service wasn't enough. We wanted this big concert full of energy, fun and happiness. It has to be the best birthday present she ever had," William said.
Newly reunited band Take That is among lots to be asked personally by the princes. Mark Owen said in reply, "Princess Diana was such an amazing woman. I think it's lovely the princes want to do something to remember her."
The show is slated for Diana's 46th birthday on July 1 at London's Wembley Stadium. The planned lineups include Elton John, Rod Stewart, Kanye West and James Blunt, Meatloaf, Bryan Adams, Pharrell Williams, Orson, Joss Stone and Keane.
Organisers are said in talk to pursue rock band Dire Straits which is one of Diana's favorites. Spice Girls is also rumored to be reuniting for one special show.
This concert will raise money that goes to several charities including Diana Memorial Fund. Tickets are reported to sell out within mere 20 minutes in December.
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight
- Uh-Oh! Blac Chyna Is Pissed Tyga and Kylie Jenner Stole Her Idea for King Cairo's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian's 'Not Doing Great' as She Reportedly Builds Panic Room After Paris Robbery
- Playboy Model Katie May Died Due to Fatal Injury Caused by Chiropractor, Coroner Confirms