Take That, Among Acts Tributing Princess Diana
In memory of the late Princess Diana, her sons William and Harry have both penned several names to perform in a concert. "We want it to represent exactly what our mother would have wanted. A church service wasn't enough. We wanted this big concert full of energy, fun and happiness. It has to be the best birthday present she ever had," William said.
Newly reunited band Take That is among lots to be asked personally by the princes. Mark Owen said in reply, "Princess Diana was such an amazing woman. I think it's lovely the princes want to do something to remember her."
The show is slated for Diana's 46th birthday on July 1 at London's Wembley Stadium. The planned lineups include Elton John, Rod Stewart, Kanye West and James Blunt, Meatloaf, Bryan Adams, Pharrell Williams, Orson, Joss Stone and Keane.
Organisers are said in talk to pursue rock band Dire Straits which is one of Diana's favorites. Spice Girls is also rumored to be reuniting for one special show.
This concert will raise money that goes to several charities including Diana Memorial Fund. Tickets are reported to sell out within mere 20 minutes in December.
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?