Take That, Among Acts Tributing Princess Diana
In memory of the late Princess Diana, her sons William and Harry have both penned several names to perform in a concert. "We want it to represent exactly what our mother would have wanted. A church service wasn't enough. We wanted this big concert full of energy, fun and happiness. It has to be the best birthday present she ever had," William said.
Newly reunited band Take That is among lots to be asked personally by the princes. Mark Owen said in reply, "Princess Diana was such an amazing woman. I think it's lovely the princes want to do something to remember her."
The show is slated for Diana's 46th birthday on July 1 at London's Wembley Stadium. The planned lineups include Elton John, Rod Stewart, Kanye West and James Blunt, Meatloaf, Bryan Adams, Pharrell Williams, Orson, Joss Stone and Keane.
Organisers are said in talk to pursue rock band Dire Straits which is one of Diana's favorites. Spice Girls is also rumored to be reuniting for one special show.
This concert will raise money that goes to several charities including Diana Memorial Fund. Tickets are reported to sell out within mere 20 minutes in December.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris