Susan Sarandon and John Goodman to Accelerate Their "Speed"
One by one, roles in "Speed Racer" begin roll out for Hollywood names to take on. Following the inclusion of Emile Hirsch, Susan Sarandon and John Goodman are reportedly engaged in talks to also take part in the project, a live-action feature of the classic 1960s animated series created by Tatsuo Yoshida.
A Warner Bros. Pictures presentation in association with Village Roadshow Pictures of a Silver Pictures production, the flick depicts the adventures of the titular character, young race car driver, and his quest for glory in his thundering, gadget-laden vehicle Mach 5. Filming is set to begin this summer under the direction of brothers Larry and Andy Wachowski with Joel Silver producing.
If deals are inked, Sarandon and Goodman will likely act as the parents of the titular character; the father being a race car owner and builder while the mother the backbone of the family as well as the Mach 5 Go Racing Team. Meanwhile, casting is said to currently be under way for the characters of Speed's girlfriend, Trixie, and his mysterious archrival, Racer X.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up