Susan Sarandon and John Goodman to Accelerate Their "Speed"
One by one, roles in "Speed Racer" begin roll out for Hollywood names to take on. Following the inclusion of Emile Hirsch, Susan Sarandon and John Goodman are reportedly engaged in talks to also take part in the project, a live-action feature of the classic 1960s animated series created by Tatsuo Yoshida.
A Warner Bros. Pictures presentation in association with Village Roadshow Pictures of a Silver Pictures production, the flick depicts the adventures of the titular character, young race car driver, and his quest for glory in his thundering, gadget-laden vehicle Mach 5. Filming is set to begin this summer under the direction of brothers Larry and Andy Wachowski with Joel Silver producing.
If deals are inked, Sarandon and Goodman will likely act as the parents of the titular character; the father being a race car owner and builder while the mother the backbone of the family as well as the Mach 5 Go Racing Team. Meanwhile, casting is said to currently be under way for the characters of Speed's girlfriend, Trixie, and his mysterious archrival, Racer X.
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'