Susan Sarandon and John Goodman to Accelerate Their "Speed"
One by one, roles in "Speed Racer" begin roll out for Hollywood names to take on. Following the inclusion of Emile Hirsch, Susan Sarandon and John Goodman are reportedly engaged in talks to also take part in the project, a live-action feature of the classic 1960s animated series created by Tatsuo Yoshida.
A Warner Bros. Pictures presentation in association with Village Roadshow Pictures of a Silver Pictures production, the flick depicts the adventures of the titular character, young race car driver, and his quest for glory in his thundering, gadget-laden vehicle Mach 5. Filming is set to begin this summer under the direction of brothers Larry and Andy Wachowski with Joel Silver producing.
If deals are inked, Sarandon and Goodman will likely act as the parents of the titular character; the father being a race car owner and builder while the mother the backbone of the family as well as the Mach 5 Go Racing Team. Meanwhile, casting is said to currently be under way for the characters of Speed's girlfriend, Trixie, and his mysterious archrival, Racer X.
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two