Nelly Furtado Dominated the 2007 Juno Awards
2007 Juno Awards is all about Nelly Furtado. The 28 years old singer swept as many as five nominations apart from her frequent appearance on stage as the host of the show. In the Canadian version of Grammy, Nelly snatched the spotlight when first taking the stage and introduced herself as the host. She then gradually grabbed the 5 trophies that forced her to prepare 5 different sets of acceptance speech.
As an artist, she won Dorito's Juno Fans Choice Award and Artist of the Year. Her album "Loose" shone for two things, Pop Album of the Year and simply Album of the Year while her single featuring Timbaland titled "Promiscuous" was awarded Single of the Year.
The event also gave Toronto group Billy Talent two awards, Best Group of the Year and Best Rock Album for "Billy Talent II". Other Canadian artists such as Diana Krall and Tomi Swick won the Vocal Jazz Album and New Artist of the Year respectively. US' very own all girls band Dixie Chicks meanwhile, brought home International Album for "Taking the Long Way".
Ironically, rapper k-os who was thought to beat Nelly in the 5 nominations brought home absolute zero. The event was held on April 1 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and broadcast live by CTV. Complete winners can be seen on junoawards.ca.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?