Nelly Furtado Dominated the 2007 Juno Awards
2007 Juno Awards is all about Nelly Furtado. The 28 years old singer swept as many as five nominations apart from her frequent appearance on stage as the host of the show. In the Canadian version of Grammy, Nelly snatched the spotlight when first taking the stage and introduced herself as the host. She then gradually grabbed the 5 trophies that forced her to prepare 5 different sets of acceptance speech.
As an artist, she won Dorito's Juno Fans Choice Award and Artist of the Year. Her album "Loose" shone for two things, Pop Album of the Year and simply Album of the Year while her single featuring Timbaland titled "Promiscuous" was awarded Single of the Year.
The event also gave Toronto group Billy Talent two awards, Best Group of the Year and Best Rock Album for "Billy Talent II". Other Canadian artists such as Diana Krall and Tomi Swick won the Vocal Jazz Album and New Artist of the Year respectively. US' very own all girls band Dixie Chicks meanwhile, brought home International Album for "Taking the Long Way".
Ironically, rapper k-os who was thought to beat Nelly in the 5 nominations brought home absolute zero. The event was held on April 1 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and broadcast live by CTV. Complete winners can be seen on junoawards.ca.
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name