Universal Pictures Worships "God of War"
The massive success "300" has gained so far appears to give inspiration to Universal Pictures to also put a Greece-set epic into its future movie slate. Reports are now heavy about the company's plan to develop "God of War", a film adaptation of the SCEA action-adventure game loosely based on Greek mythology.
Set in an ancient Greece full of mythical beings and deities, the original tells a bloody story of vengeance centering on a Spartan warrior named Kratos who receives missions from the gods on Olympus to prevent Ares from destroying the city of Athens. For the big screen version, it has been confirmed that famed producer Charles Roven will produce via his Mosaic Group shingle.
"We've been enthralled by this project since our first time playing the game and realized its narrative had great potential for large-screen production," so said the man upon landing the deal to turn the game into a movie.
- Tom Hiddleston in 'Advance Talks' to Star in 'Bond 25'
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November