Universal Pictures Worships "God of War"
The massive success "300" has gained so far appears to give inspiration to Universal Pictures to also put a Greece-set epic into its future movie slate. Reports are now heavy about the company's plan to develop "God of War", a film adaptation of the SCEA action-adventure game loosely based on Greek mythology.
Set in an ancient Greece full of mythical beings and deities, the original tells a bloody story of vengeance centering on a Spartan warrior named Kratos who receives missions from the gods on Olympus to prevent Ares from destroying the city of Athens. For the big screen version, it has been confirmed that famed producer Charles Roven will produce via his Mosaic Group shingle.
"We've been enthralled by this project since our first time playing the game and realized its narrative had great potential for large-screen production," so said the man upon landing the deal to turn the game into a movie.
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards