Universal Pictures Worships "God of War"
The massive success "300" has gained so far appears to give inspiration to Universal Pictures to also put a Greece-set epic into its future movie slate. Reports are now heavy about the company's plan to develop "God of War", a film adaptation of the SCEA action-adventure game loosely based on Greek mythology.
Set in an ancient Greece full of mythical beings and deities, the original tells a bloody story of vengeance centering on a Spartan warrior named Kratos who receives missions from the gods on Olympus to prevent Ares from destroying the city of Athens. For the big screen version, it has been confirmed that famed producer Charles Roven will produce via his Mosaic Group shingle.
"We've been enthralled by this project since our first time playing the game and realized its narrative had great potential for large-screen production," so said the man upon landing the deal to turn the game into a movie.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy