Universal Pictures Worships "God of War"
The massive success "300" has gained so far appears to give inspiration to Universal Pictures to also put a Greece-set epic into its future movie slate. Reports are now heavy about the company's plan to develop "God of War", a film adaptation of the SCEA action-adventure game loosely based on Greek mythology.
Set in an ancient Greece full of mythical beings and deities, the original tells a bloody story of vengeance centering on a Spartan warrior named Kratos who receives missions from the gods on Olympus to prevent Ares from destroying the city of Athens. For the big screen version, it has been confirmed that famed producer Charles Roven will produce via his Mosaic Group shingle.
"We've been enthralled by this project since our first time playing the game and realized its narrative had great potential for large-screen production," so said the man upon landing the deal to turn the game into a movie.
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!