Bryan Singer's WWII Thriller Gets a Title
Finally, a name has been picked up for Bryan Singer's untitled WWII thriller feature. British paper The Guardian has came up with an interesting scoop that the project from now on is referred as "Valkyrie", a title derived from the code name of the plot to assassinate Nazi leader Adolf Hitler which its story deals with.
Intended to be a multi-character ensemble piece, the flick revolves around real-life Nazi officer Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg who, together with several others, conducted an assassination attempt on Hitler at the height of WWII also a military coup against the German Fuhrer. Both were failed, leading Stauffenberg to be executed by firing squad on July 21, 1944.
Duo Chris McQuarrie and Nathan Alexander have been hired to pen the script with Singer also producing for United Artists and Tom Cruise executive producing as well as starring in. It is said that the megastar is looking forward to portray Stauffenberg, a move that appears to not sit rather well with the members of the deceased man's family.
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5