Halle Berry Tried to Commit Suicide Back in 1997
She's an Oscar winning actress. She is famous and rich. So what? Despite all her good luck Halle Berry is just a human being, who like many of us, has to face the ups and downs in life. The movie beauty once experienced broken heart that she nearly killed herself.
In an interview with , Berry says she was so depressed after her 1997 breakup with ex-husband and baseball star David Justice that she contemplated suicide. "I was sitting in my car, and I knew the gas was coming when I had an image of my mother finding me," she tells this coming Sunday's issue of Parade magazine.
"She sacrificed so much for her children, and to end my life would be an incredibly selfish thing to do," Berry goes on saying adding that after the almost-suicide she sought help in the form of therapy. Since then she has learned to take control of her own life.
Berry after that married musician Eric Benet in 2001 and got divorced in 2005. After both failed marriages, she vows to never get married again. She is currently dating Canadian supermodel Gabriel Aubry, who is nine years her junior.
More Halle Berry News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding