Thursday Departed from Island Records
Another case of artist leaving its recording house has occurred between post-hard core band Thursday and Island Records. Posted in MySpace.com the band said that even though it was a tough decision, both parties are happy with the outcome.
The band has done two albums under the label's wing. "War All the Time" was first produced in 2003 while the band's latest album "A City by the Light Divided" (2006) was the last album via the label. This decision may result from the success of 2003's album which sold 364,000 copies in US was not followed by the 2006 one. "A City by the Light Divided" only accumulates 132,000 units to this date.
The band had also encountered an unfriendly term with previous label, Victory in 2001 that resulted in the band leaving the label for Island. There is no report yet as to which label the band will move after this.
Despite the problem, they have reached the early planning of new album. "We have not decided where this new record will be released yet. Although we've had several wonderful offers already, we're just enjoying our freedom for now."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show