Thursday Departed from Island Records
Another case of artist leaving its recording house has occurred between post-hard core band Thursday and Island Records. Posted in MySpace.com the band said that even though it was a tough decision, both parties are happy with the outcome.
The band has done two albums under the label's wing. "War All the Time" was first produced in 2003 while the band's latest album "A City by the Light Divided" (2006) was the last album via the label. This decision may result from the success of 2003's album which sold 364,000 copies in US was not followed by the 2006 one. "A City by the Light Divided" only accumulates 132,000 units to this date.
The band had also encountered an unfriendly term with previous label, Victory in 2001 that resulted in the band leaving the label for Island. There is no report yet as to which label the band will move after this.
Despite the problem, they have reached the early planning of new album. "We have not decided where this new record will be released yet. Although we've had several wonderful offers already, we're just enjoying our freedom for now."
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood