Jessica Simpson's Minivan Donation
Jessica Simpson showed the good part of her celebrity status, making donation to a Mexican orphanage she supports.
The singer-actress donated a brand new minivan to the Casa Hogar Elim orphanage in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico Sunday March 25th.
"I'm so honored and happy to be able to help," said Simpson as she hugged Mama Lupita who runs the home.
Simpson won a Chrysler Crossfire sports car at the MTV's Video Music Awards last fall but asked Chrysler to give her a minivan in exchange for the Crossfire so she could give it to the orphanage.
The children at the orphanage had no transportation after the van Mama Lupita had been using for them broke down last year. She had since borrowed an old truck from a friend, but that broke down as well.
Now with the new van Simpson has given them, the children could even watch their favorite movies when Mama Lupita drives them around.
More Jessica Simpson News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen