Jessica Simpson's Minivan Donation
Jessica Simpson showed the good part of her celebrity status, making donation to a Mexican orphanage she supports.
The singer-actress donated a brand new minivan to the Casa Hogar Elim orphanage in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico Sunday March 25th.
"I'm so honored and happy to be able to help," said Simpson as she hugged Mama Lupita who runs the home.
Simpson won a Chrysler Crossfire sports car at the MTV's Video Music Awards last fall but asked Chrysler to give her a minivan in exchange for the Crossfire so she could give it to the orphanage.
The children at the orphanage had no transportation after the van Mama Lupita had been using for them broke down last year. She had since borrowed an old truck from a friend, but that broke down as well.
Now with the new van Simpson has given them, the children could even watch their favorite movies when Mama Lupita drives them around.
More Jessica Simpson News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna