Jessica Simpson's Minivan Donation
Jessica Simpson showed the good part of her celebrity status, making donation to a Mexican orphanage she supports.
The singer-actress donated a brand new minivan to the Casa Hogar Elim orphanage in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico Sunday March 25th.
"I'm so honored and happy to be able to help," said Simpson as she hugged Mama Lupita who runs the home.
Simpson won a Chrysler Crossfire sports car at the MTV's Video Music Awards last fall but asked Chrysler to give her a minivan in exchange for the Crossfire so she could give it to the orphanage.
The children at the orphanage had no transportation after the van Mama Lupita had been using for them broke down last year. She had since borrowed an old truck from a friend, but that broke down as well.
Now with the new van Simpson has given them, the children could even watch their favorite movies when Mama Lupita drives them around.
More Jessica Simpson News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed