Liam Neeson Telling the Story of Ian Paisley
Known to have brilliantly portrayed real figures on the big screen as seen in "Rob Roy" and "Schindler's List", Liam Neeson is about to carry it out once again in his next project.
The Academy Award-nominated actor is being poised to topline a biopic of Reverend Ian Paisley, a senior politician and church leader from Northern Ireland who is also noted to be an outspoken critic of the Roman Catholic faith. Neeson himself has been noticed expressing his admiration to the man whose sermon he often hears.
"It was to watch a great actor perform because he was extraordinary," so he said. "He was this preacher, this Bible-thumping, big, big, man."
Name to direct has not yet been known, but it is claimed that Belfast playwright Gary Mitchell is on duty to work on the script. Despite the inclusion, however, the project reportedly is still waiting for a green light from Paisley, who famously renounced Pope John Paul II as the Antichrist during a 1988 meeting with the head of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii