The White Stripes' Jack White Hits the "Hard" Stage
No stranger to Hollywood as he previously appeared in few movies, singer Jack White is on the way to jump into the big screen one more time. The White Stripes' lead vocalist and guitarist reportedly will make a cameo appearance as Elvis Presley in Columbia Pictures' musical biopic parody "Walk Hard."
Toplined by John C. Reilly, the flick sees the actor play a fictional musician with shades of Roy Orbison and Johnny Cash named Dewey Cox whose professional and personal ups and downs become the center of the story. Also starring are funnyman David Koechner, SNL member Kristen Wiig, and "The Office" star Jenna Fischer who is said to portray a June Carter Cash-like love interest for Cox.
"Orange County" helmer Jake Kasdan has been appointed to direct based on the script he penned alongside Judd Apatow. The pair is also serving as the film's producers together with Clayton Townsend, who last produced the upcoming "Knocked Up" which Apatow directed.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen