The White Stripes' Jack White Hits the "Hard" Stage
No stranger to Hollywood as he previously appeared in few movies, singer Jack White is on the way to jump into the big screen one more time. The White Stripes' lead vocalist and guitarist reportedly will make a cameo appearance as Elvis Presley in Columbia Pictures' musical biopic parody "Walk Hard."
Toplined by John C. Reilly, the flick sees the actor play a fictional musician with shades of Roy Orbison and Johnny Cash named Dewey Cox whose professional and personal ups and downs become the center of the story. Also starring are funnyman David Koechner, SNL member Kristen Wiig, and "The Office" star Jenna Fischer who is said to portray a June Carter Cash-like love interest for Cox.
"Orange County" helmer Jake Kasdan has been appointed to direct based on the script he penned alongside Judd Apatow. The pair is also serving as the film's producers together with Clayton Townsend, who last produced the upcoming "Knocked Up" which Apatow directed.
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'