The White Stripes' Jack White Hits the "Hard" Stage
No stranger to Hollywood as he previously appeared in few movies, singer Jack White is on the way to jump into the big screen one more time. The White Stripes' lead vocalist and guitarist reportedly will make a cameo appearance as Elvis Presley in Columbia Pictures' musical biopic parody "Walk Hard."
Toplined by John C. Reilly, the flick sees the actor play a fictional musician with shades of Roy Orbison and Johnny Cash named Dewey Cox whose professional and personal ups and downs become the center of the story. Also starring are funnyman David Koechner, SNL member Kristen Wiig, and "The Office" star Jenna Fischer who is said to portray a June Carter Cash-like love interest for Cox.
"Orange County" helmer Jake Kasdan has been appointed to direct based on the script he penned alongside Judd Apatow. The pair is also serving as the film's producers together with Clayton Townsend, who last produced the upcoming "Knocked Up" which Apatow directed.
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?