The White Stripes' Jack White Hits the "Hard" Stage
No stranger to Hollywood as he previously appeared in few movies, singer Jack White is on the way to jump into the big screen one more time. The White Stripes' lead vocalist and guitarist reportedly will make a cameo appearance as Elvis Presley in Columbia Pictures' musical biopic parody "Walk Hard."
Toplined by John C. Reilly, the flick sees the actor play a fictional musician with shades of Roy Orbison and Johnny Cash named Dewey Cox whose professional and personal ups and downs become the center of the story. Also starring are funnyman David Koechner, SNL member Kristen Wiig, and "The Office" star Jenna Fischer who is said to portray a June Carter Cash-like love interest for Cox.
"Orange County" helmer Jake Kasdan has been appointed to direct based on the script he penned alongside Judd Apatow. The pair is also serving as the film's producers together with Clayton Townsend, who last produced the upcoming "Knocked Up" which Apatow directed.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal