Elton John Receives Opposition in Tobago
Christian leaders set another pressure to Elton John. This time, the Caribbean Island Christians ban the singer from performing at Plymouth Jazz Festival in Tobago in fear that he will influence the young people there with his homosexuality.
Two parties have stood in each corner to pursue this matter. CL Communications as the festival's organizer has been persistent that the show scheduled in late April would go on despite the boycott threat. Meanwhile, a number of Christian churches have tried to persuade Tobago House of Assembly into canceling the show.
It is reported that the Christians' effort had failed but they still administer the campaign against it. Pastor Terrance Baynes as the representative has put forward his concern, "We feel it can have a negative social impact. There are some who may not be sure of their sexuality and one has to be careful about how this can create impressions on impressionable minds."
Taking this as nonsense, Anthony Maharaj said that the country should be honored instead to have such a performer visiting their country. "His band has performed in every country around the world. He is not coming here to preach about what lifestyle people should have," he added.
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala