The Edge of U2 Donates Guitar to Auction
The Edge makes good with his best friend, guitar, by making donation to charity. The guitarist of music group U2 is donating his vintage 1975 Gibson Les Paul guitar to an auction benefiting charity Music Rising.
Music Rising, for you to know, is a charity The Edge co-founded to replace musical equipment lost or destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.
"I wanted to give something really significant that would really mean a lot for me to give. It deserved something that I would miss," The Edge said, adding "It's some great poetry to ask the people like myself, who've earned a good living from rock 'n' roll, to donate items to an auction that would help protect and stave off the decline of the music culture in the Gulf Coast."
The Edge's guitar, which he's been used throughout his career with U2, was expected to fetch between $60,000 to $80,000.
The Icons of Music auction, administered by Julien's Auctions, also features some other 196 rock-related items, including a saxophone signed by former President Bill Clinton, a guitar that belonged to Jimi Hendrix and an original Elvis Presley recording contract.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie