The Edge of U2 Donates Guitar to Auction
The Edge makes good with his best friend, guitar, by making donation to charity. The guitarist of music group U2 is donating his vintage 1975 Gibson Les Paul guitar to an auction benefiting charity Music Rising.
Music Rising, for you to know, is a charity The Edge co-founded to replace musical equipment lost or destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.
"I wanted to give something really significant that would really mean a lot for me to give. It deserved something that I would miss," The Edge said, adding "It's some great poetry to ask the people like myself, who've earned a good living from rock 'n' roll, to donate items to an auction that would help protect and stave off the decline of the music culture in the Gulf Coast."
The Edge's guitar, which he's been used throughout his career with U2, was expected to fetch between $60,000 to $80,000.
The Icons of Music auction, administered by Julien's Auctions, also features some other 196 rock-related items, including a saxophone signed by former President Bill Clinton, a guitar that belonged to Jimi Hendrix and an original Elvis Presley recording contract.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce