The Edge of U2 Donates Guitar to Auction
The Edge makes good with his best friend, guitar, by making donation to charity. The guitarist of music group U2 is donating his vintage 1975 Gibson Les Paul guitar to an auction benefiting charity Music Rising.
Music Rising, for you to know, is a charity The Edge co-founded to replace musical equipment lost or destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.
"I wanted to give something really significant that would really mean a lot for me to give. It deserved something that I would miss," The Edge said, adding "It's some great poetry to ask the people like myself, who've earned a good living from rock 'n' roll, to donate items to an auction that would help protect and stave off the decline of the music culture in the Gulf Coast."
The Edge's guitar, which he's been used throughout his career with U2, was expected to fetch between $60,000 to $80,000.
The Icons of Music auction, administered by Julien's Auctions, also features some other 196 rock-related items, including a saxophone signed by former President Bill Clinton, a guitar that belonged to Jimi Hendrix and an original Elvis Presley recording contract.
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa
- Khloe Kardashian Blasts Critics for Claiming She's 'Too Skinny'
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert