The Edge of U2 Donates Guitar to Auction
The Edge makes good with his best friend, guitar, by making donation to charity. The guitarist of music group U2 is donating his vintage 1975 Gibson Les Paul guitar to an auction benefiting charity Music Rising.
Music Rising, for you to know, is a charity The Edge co-founded to replace musical equipment lost or destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.
"I wanted to give something really significant that would really mean a lot for me to give. It deserved something that I would miss," The Edge said, adding "It's some great poetry to ask the people like myself, who've earned a good living from rock 'n' roll, to donate items to an auction that would help protect and stave off the decline of the music culture in the Gulf Coast."
The Edge's guitar, which he's been used throughout his career with U2, was expected to fetch between $60,000 to $80,000.
The Icons of Music auction, administered by Julien's Auctions, also features some other 196 rock-related items, including a saxophone signed by former President Bill Clinton, a guitar that belonged to Jimi Hendrix and an original Elvis Presley recording contract.
- Azealia Banks Unveils 'So Ghetto' Freestyle, RZA Sides With Russell Crowe After Record Deal Canceled
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!