The Edge of U2 Donates Guitar to Auction
The Edge makes good with his best friend, guitar, by making donation to charity. The guitarist of music group U2 is donating his vintage 1975 Gibson Les Paul guitar to an auction benefiting charity Music Rising.
Music Rising, for you to know, is a charity The Edge co-founded to replace musical equipment lost or destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.
"I wanted to give something really significant that would really mean a lot for me to give. It deserved something that I would miss," The Edge said, adding "It's some great poetry to ask the people like myself, who've earned a good living from rock 'n' roll, to donate items to an auction that would help protect and stave off the decline of the music culture in the Gulf Coast."
The Edge's guitar, which he's been used throughout his career with U2, was expected to fetch between $60,000 to $80,000.
The Icons of Music auction, administered by Julien's Auctions, also features some other 196 rock-related items, including a saxophone signed by former President Bill Clinton, a guitar that belonged to Jimi Hendrix and an original Elvis Presley recording contract.
- Scott Disick Who? Bella Thorne Reveals She Has Her Eye on Someone New
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Slams His Car Onto Paparazzo in Beverly Hills
- 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Season 9 Taps Jimmy Kimmel and More to Guest Star
- Charlie Sheen Accused of Infecting Gay Lover With HIV
- Gwen Stefani Is Reportedly Pregnant With Twins and Wants Advice From Beyonce
- 'Big Little Lies' Season 2 Is in Early Development
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Demi Lovato and Halsey Squash Feud Rumors With One Cute Selfie