Emile Hirsch Confirmed As "Speed Racer"
Count Emile Hirsch in at last, folks, as the teen is now officially joining the cast of "Speed Racer." Warner Bros. Pictures, through its President of Production Jeff Robinov, ultimately confirmed Friday, March 23 that the "Alpha Dog" star would indeed play the titular character in the studio's new actioner.
"Emile Hirsch is one of today's fastest-rising young stars, which makes him the perfect choice to take the wheel of Speed's Mach 5," Robinov said in a statement. "He continues to showcase his talents in a variety of challenging roles and we are thrilled to have him in the title role of Speed Racer."
In response to his inclusion, Hirsch has recorded a video message to "Racer" fans, which can be seen via You Tube.com.
"Ever since I was a kid I wanted to be in a movie like this with guys like Larry and Andy, who made The Matrix, which is just one of my favorite trilogies of all time," so he remarked. "It's just a new vision, something you've never really seen before. It's futuristic, like Blade Runner meets Andy Warhol kind of pop art and just this kind of colorful world."
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift