Emile Hirsch Confirmed As "Speed Racer"
Count Emile Hirsch in at last, folks, as the teen is now officially joining the cast of "Speed Racer." Warner Bros. Pictures, through its President of Production Jeff Robinov, ultimately confirmed Friday, March 23 that the "Alpha Dog" star would indeed play the titular character in the studio's new actioner.
"Emile Hirsch is one of today's fastest-rising young stars, which makes him the perfect choice to take the wheel of Speed's Mach 5," Robinov said in a statement. "He continues to showcase his talents in a variety of challenging roles and we are thrilled to have him in the title role of Speed Racer."
In response to his inclusion, Hirsch has recorded a video message to "Racer" fans, which can be seen via You Tube.com.
"Ever since I was a kid I wanted to be in a movie like this with guys like Larry and Andy, who made The Matrix, which is just one of my favorite trilogies of all time," so he remarked. "It's just a new vision, something you've never really seen before. It's futuristic, like Blade Runner meets Andy Warhol kind of pop art and just this kind of colorful world."
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj
- Report: Generous George Clooney Under FBI Investigation for Money Laundering
- 'Justice League' Character Posters and Teasers Are Out, First Trailer Will Be Released Soon
- 'Twin Peaks' Revival: First Photos and Details Are Revealed
- FOX's' X-Men' Pilot 'Gifted' Unveils First BTS Photo Featuring Amy Acker