Emile Hirsch Confirmed As "Speed Racer"
Count Emile Hirsch in at last, folks, as the teen is now officially joining the cast of "Speed Racer." Warner Bros. Pictures, through its President of Production Jeff Robinov, ultimately confirmed Friday, March 23 that the "Alpha Dog" star would indeed play the titular character in the studio's new actioner.
"Emile Hirsch is one of today's fastest-rising young stars, which makes him the perfect choice to take the wheel of Speed's Mach 5," Robinov said in a statement. "He continues to showcase his talents in a variety of challenging roles and we are thrilled to have him in the title role of Speed Racer."
In response to his inclusion, Hirsch has recorded a video message to "Racer" fans, which can be seen via You Tube.com.
"Ever since I was a kid I wanted to be in a movie like this with guys like Larry and Andy, who made The Matrix, which is just one of my favorite trilogies of all time," so he remarked. "It's just a new vision, something you've never really seen before. It's futuristic, like Blade Runner meets Andy Warhol kind of pop art and just this kind of colorful world."
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son