Emile Hirsch Confirmed As "Speed Racer"
Count Emile Hirsch in at last, folks, as the teen is now officially joining the cast of "Speed Racer." Warner Bros. Pictures, through its President of Production Jeff Robinov, ultimately confirmed Friday, March 23 that the "Alpha Dog" star would indeed play the titular character in the studio's new actioner.
"Emile Hirsch is one of today's fastest-rising young stars, which makes him the perfect choice to take the wheel of Speed's Mach 5," Robinov said in a statement. "He continues to showcase his talents in a variety of challenging roles and we are thrilled to have him in the title role of Speed Racer."
In response to his inclusion, Hirsch has recorded a video message to "Racer" fans, which can be seen via You Tube.com.
"Ever since I was a kid I wanted to be in a movie like this with guys like Larry and Andy, who made The Matrix, which is just one of my favorite trilogies of all time," so he remarked. "It's just a new vision, something you've never really seen before. It's futuristic, like Blade Runner meets Andy Warhol kind of pop art and just this kind of colorful world."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival