Vivica A. Fox Charged with Drink Driving Offenses
Vivica A. Fox joining numbers of fellow celebrities having trouble with the law. The actress, who was a contestant on last year's "Dancing with the Stars," was charged Friday March 23rd with misdemeanor counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and driving with a blood-alcohol level above the legal limit.
Speaking on that matter, officials said the charge stemmed from a Tuesday March 20th arrest, at which point the star was pulled over after passing a patrol car on the Hollywood Freeway at 80 mph and subsequently failing a field sobriety test. Breathalyzer test indicated her blood alcohol exceeded the legal limit of .08 percent.
Both charges, driving under the influence and driving with a blood-alcohol level above the legal limit, are misdemeanors, meaning Fox will not have to appear at her arraignment, which is scheduled for May 17th.
Fox was released from jail early Wednesday March 21st. If convicted, the 42-year-old actress faces a maximum six months in jail and/or a $1,000 fine.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture