Vivica A. Fox Charged with Drink Driving Offenses
Vivica A. Fox joining numbers of fellow celebrities having trouble with the law. The actress, who was a contestant on last year's "Dancing with the Stars," was charged Friday March 23rd with misdemeanor counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and driving with a blood-alcohol level above the legal limit.
Speaking on that matter, officials said the charge stemmed from a Tuesday March 20th arrest, at which point the star was pulled over after passing a patrol car on the Hollywood Freeway at 80 mph and subsequently failing a field sobriety test. Breathalyzer test indicated her blood alcohol exceeded the legal limit of .08 percent.
Both charges, driving under the influence and driving with a blood-alcohol level above the legal limit, are misdemeanors, meaning Fox will not have to appear at her arraignment, which is scheduled for May 17th.
Fox was released from jail early Wednesday March 21st. If convicted, the 42-year-old actress faces a maximum six months in jail and/or a $1,000 fine.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars