Emma Watson Stays with "Harry Potter" Until the End
Everything finally turns out as expected by Warner Bros. Pictures. The company's President of Production Jeff Robinov has officially announced on Friday, March 23 that Emma Watson will indeed continue her role as Hermione Granger for the final two installments of "Harry Potter" series, along with Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint.
"It would be inconceivable to imagine anyone else in the roles with which they have become so identified, so we are thrilled and proud that Daniel, Rupert and Emma have chosen to complete the arc of their characters in the final two films," so Robinov remarked.
The announcement thereby counters recent widespread speculations that Watson may not be back for the role, which she has been playing since 2001. Words even circulated last week claiming the starlet had refused a last offer of nearly $4 million to return for the final two films, adapted from J.K. Rowling's phenomenal book series.
"I could never let Hermione go--she is my hero!" the teen actress stated in relation to her signing on. "I love her too much and love what playing her has meant to me. I am excited and honoured to be finishing what I started and playing her in all seven of the films."
In the same occasion, it is also revealed that the last two installments, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", will still be produced by David Barron and David Heyman, who was instrumental in bringing the franchise to the screen. Meanwhile, the fifth part of the series, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix", has been confirmed to hit the U.S. theaters on July 13 this year.
More Emma Watson News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival