American Idol Goes 'POP', Gwen Stefani to Coach
After tapping Peter Noone and Lulu for the '60s theme in the March 20th episode, American Idol moves 40 years ahead by employing Gwen Stefani to coach the 10 finalists in preparation for the March 27th episode.
By penning Gwen, it is pretty clear what genre and theme is adopted that week. The episode will feature the 10 finalists choosing pop songs that they like, be it a modern or further back. In what seems like a tradition, the coach will also perform in the Result Show on March 28. Gwen will sing her latest single "The Sweet Escape" and that means Akon would be there too.
The American Idol will air live on Tuesday, March 27 at 8:00 PM ET. As 10 contestants will sing on that day, it won't be a one-hour show. Instead, the show will be extended by 7 minutes until 9:07 PM ET. The Result Show meanwhile, will proceed as usual for half an hour starting from 9 PM ET live.
More Gwen Stefani News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri