American Idol Goes 'POP', Gwen Stefani to Coach
After tapping Peter Noone and Lulu for the '60s theme in the March 20th episode, American Idol moves 40 years ahead by employing Gwen Stefani to coach the 10 finalists in preparation for the March 27th episode.
By penning Gwen, it is pretty clear what genre and theme is adopted that week. The episode will feature the 10 finalists choosing pop songs that they like, be it a modern or further back. In what seems like a tradition, the coach will also perform in the Result Show on March 28. Gwen will sing her latest single "The Sweet Escape" and that means Akon would be there too.
The American Idol will air live on Tuesday, March 27 at 8:00 PM ET. As 10 contestants will sing on that day, it won't be a one-hour show. Instead, the show will be extended by 7 minutes until 9:07 PM ET. The Result Show meanwhile, will proceed as usual for half an hour starting from 9 PM ET live.
More Gwen Stefani News
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified