American Idol Goes 'POP', Gwen Stefani to Coach
After tapping Peter Noone and Lulu for the '60s theme in the March 20th episode, American Idol moves 40 years ahead by employing Gwen Stefani to coach the 10 finalists in preparation for the March 27th episode.
By penning Gwen, it is pretty clear what genre and theme is adopted that week. The episode will feature the 10 finalists choosing pop songs that they like, be it a modern or further back. In what seems like a tradition, the coach will also perform in the Result Show on March 28. Gwen will sing her latest single "The Sweet Escape" and that means Akon would be there too.
The American Idol will air live on Tuesday, March 27 at 8:00 PM ET. As 10 contestants will sing on that day, it won't be a one-hour show. Instead, the show will be extended by 7 minutes until 9:07 PM ET. The Result Show meanwhile, will proceed as usual for half an hour starting from 9 PM ET live.
More Gwen Stefani News
- Four New Christina Grimmie Music Videos Will Be Released in August
- Justin Timberlake's Fan Arrested After Slapping the Singer at Golf Tournament
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2