American Idol Goes 'POP', Gwen Stefani to Coach
After tapping Peter Noone and Lulu for the '60s theme in the March 20th episode, American Idol moves 40 years ahead by employing Gwen Stefani to coach the 10 finalists in preparation for the March 27th episode.
By penning Gwen, it is pretty clear what genre and theme is adopted that week. The episode will feature the 10 finalists choosing pop songs that they like, be it a modern or further back. In what seems like a tradition, the coach will also perform in the Result Show on March 28. Gwen will sing her latest single "The Sweet Escape" and that means Akon would be there too.
The American Idol will air live on Tuesday, March 27 at 8:00 PM ET. As 10 contestants will sing on that day, it won't be a one-hour show. Instead, the show will be extended by 7 minutes until 9:07 PM ET. The Result Show meanwhile, will proceed as usual for half an hour starting from 9 PM ET live.
More Gwen Stefani News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip