American Idol Goes 'POP', Gwen Stefani to Coach
After tapping Peter Noone and Lulu for the '60s theme in the March 20th episode, American Idol moves 40 years ahead by employing Gwen Stefani to coach the 10 finalists in preparation for the March 27th episode.
By penning Gwen, it is pretty clear what genre and theme is adopted that week. The episode will feature the 10 finalists choosing pop songs that they like, be it a modern or further back. In what seems like a tradition, the coach will also perform in the Result Show on March 28. Gwen will sing her latest single "The Sweet Escape" and that means Akon would be there too.
The American Idol will air live on Tuesday, March 27 at 8:00 PM ET. As 10 contestants will sing on that day, it won't be a one-hour show. Instead, the show will be extended by 7 minutes until 9:07 PM ET. The Result Show meanwhile, will proceed as usual for half an hour starting from 9 PM ET live.
More Gwen Stefani News
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'