Wins Over Alcohol, Chris Cornell Receives an Award
Not only learning his lessons, Chris Cornell is also doing his homework by helping other alcoholic addicts to recover. Based on that effort, he will be the honoree of Stevie Ray Vaughan Award along with music promoter Jeff McClusky.
A recovering alcoholic himself, Cornell will receive the award in MusiCares Map Fund benefit concert night and dinner on May 11. As part of the show, Cornell will perform at the Music Box Theater alongside Depeche Mode's David Gahan, blues musician Kenny Wayne Shepherd, and also the band Army of Anyone.
This event is conducted by MusiCares Foundation, a body that funds people in music industry to receive addiction recovery treatment despite the financial status. The concert held is intended to raise the money through selling the balcony seats that cost $100 until the tables that worth $10,000 and above. Since its goal is to fight alcoholism, no brandy or even wine will be served on the banquet.
Cornell is the former member of Soundgarden and Audioslave who currently is exploring his solo career. He fought the addiction to alcohol last year but not by entering a rehab or enduring the 12 steps program. Instead, he said he simply chose a different lifestyle.
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight
- Uh-Oh! Blac Chyna Is Pissed Tyga and Kylie Jenner Stole Her Idea for King Cairo's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian's 'Not Doing Great' as She Reportedly Builds Panic Room After Paris Robbery
- Playboy Model Katie May Died Due to Fatal Injury Caused by Chiropractor, Coroner Confirms