The Police Adds Two More Gigs
Seemingly excited for the reunion, The Police manages to slip in two more gigs in between the tight schedule. Apart from the additional European Tour dates that have just been announced, the band will also perform at Wrigley Field, Chicago on July 5 and at Churchill Downs, Louisville on July 14 as part of the North American Tour.
It has also been made official that British act Fiction Plane will support the band in the tour. Other names such as Foo Fighters, Maroon 5, The Fratellis, and Sloan are also mentioned to appear alongside The Police in a smaller scale.
Since the opening of the ticket booth on March 9, it is reported that as many as 800,000 tickets are already sold. The approximate gross for this leg of tour is predicted to reach $100 million. The tour's promoter Arthur Fogel said that he was pleased with the high sales and that he is looking forward to the tour's first departure on May 28.
The Police Reunion Tour that also wraps the North American leg is initially designed for May 28 until August 5. The band recently confirmed a European Tour which will begin August 29 at the Globe Arena in Stockholm following sold out dates in North America. Log on to thepolicetour.com. for more complete details regarding the tour.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign