Metallica's "Sick of the Studio '07" Tour
After confirming that a new studio album is coming along the way, hard rock band Metallica announces that they are too planning for a summer tour dubbed "Sick of the Studio '07".
In relation to the name chosen for the tour, drummer Lars Ulrich explained, "Sometimes we get a little tired of staring at the same four walls of the recording studio, as well as the same faces that inhabit the studio day in and day out, and we need to get out and just play. This tour gives us a chance to stretch out a bit and jam in front of real fans."
Revealing each venue one by one, the band's official website has exposed 10 places to be visited. It will begin on June 28 in Lisbon, Por. Other countries visited after that include Sweden, Russia, Denmark, Finland, etc. The tour will also visit Wembley Stadium in London on July 4, making the band the third artist to confirm the performance in the newly rebuilt stadium.
The recording of Metallica's ninth album has started since March 12, 2007 in Los Angeles. Tapping Rick Rubin as the producer of the album, the band will continue the work until early June, take a one month break for the European tour and then head to the studio again to finish the album until August. The album will then be released either in end of 2007 or early 2008.
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert