Talib Kweli to Headline Virgin College Mega Tour
In its fourth cycle, Virgin College Mega Tour (VCMT) presents rapper Talib Kweli as the headliner of the festival. Besides Kweli, the power-pop band Sugarcult as well as Something Corporate's ex guitarist William Tell are also scheduled to perform on stage.
The reason Kweli is invited to perform this year is because the producer wants to have a hip-hop theme. "We've always wanted to mix it from a genre standpoint," said Marty Berman, the CEO of Integrate Marketing that produces this year's event. The event is formed as a result of co-sponsorship between Stride Gum and Major Baseball Properties. There will be 18 dates that begins on April 7 at House of Blues, Las Vegas and ends on May 5 at Johnson & Wales University, Providence, Rhode Island. Within the dates, 12 venues are slated at press time.
In the event, there will be video game competitions, artist meet and greets, new artists stage, dodgeball tournaments and also contest giveaways. It would be a free event for the students of the campuses.
This event is held annually and performers that have graced the stage in previous years include solo artists like Michelle Branch and Gavin DeGraw as well as bands such as Cake, Gomez, and Rooney.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri