Talib Kweli to Headline Virgin College Mega Tour
In its fourth cycle, Virgin College Mega Tour (VCMT) presents rapper Talib Kweli as the headliner of the festival. Besides Kweli, the power-pop band Sugarcult as well as Something Corporate's ex guitarist William Tell are also scheduled to perform on stage.
The reason Kweli is invited to perform this year is because the producer wants to have a hip-hop theme. "We've always wanted to mix it from a genre standpoint," said Marty Berman, the CEO of Integrate Marketing that produces this year's event. The event is formed as a result of co-sponsorship between Stride Gum and Major Baseball Properties. There will be 18 dates that begins on April 7 at House of Blues, Las Vegas and ends on May 5 at Johnson & Wales University, Providence, Rhode Island. Within the dates, 12 venues are slated at press time.
In the event, there will be video game competitions, artist meet and greets, new artists stage, dodgeball tournaments and also contest giveaways. It would be a free event for the students of the campuses.
This event is held annually and performers that have graced the stage in previous years include solo artists like Michelle Branch and Gavin DeGraw as well as bands such as Cake, Gomez, and Rooney.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip