Talib Kweli to Headline Virgin College Mega Tour
In its fourth cycle, Virgin College Mega Tour (VCMT) presents rapper Talib Kweli as the headliner of the festival. Besides Kweli, the power-pop band Sugarcult as well as Something Corporate's ex guitarist William Tell are also scheduled to perform on stage.
The reason Kweli is invited to perform this year is because the producer wants to have a hip-hop theme. "We've always wanted to mix it from a genre standpoint," said Marty Berman, the CEO of Integrate Marketing that produces this year's event. The event is formed as a result of co-sponsorship between Stride Gum and Major Baseball Properties. There will be 18 dates that begins on April 7 at House of Blues, Las Vegas and ends on May 5 at Johnson & Wales University, Providence, Rhode Island. Within the dates, 12 venues are slated at press time.
In the event, there will be video game competitions, artist meet and greets, new artists stage, dodgeball tournaments and also contest giveaways. It would be a free event for the students of the campuses.
This event is held annually and performers that have graced the stage in previous years include solo artists like Michelle Branch and Gavin DeGraw as well as bands such as Cake, Gomez, and Rooney.
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party