Tyrese Gibson Determines to Keep Black Ty in Next Album
After reviving his rap persona in album "Alter Ego", Tyrese Gibson has become addicted to it and wants to do it again in the next album. In fact, as an MC he has gained quite a reputation from both fans and fellow musicians, therefore he makes sure that the rap counter part (Black Ty) will always be present.
Gibson is initially known for his R&B style before he met a new challenge that he was willing to take on. Describing the rap experience as one thing that has no comparison to singing, he believes that this part is growing. "All I can do now is come with lyrics and concepts and whatever comes to me from here on out. Black Ty is here, I ain't going nowhere," he said.
Dubbed "Black Rose", the new album will feature 14 tracks which are divided equally for Tyrese Gibson and Black Ty. Asked upon this dual identity he said, "For the most part, I try to keep (the identities) separate. It's one person, but it's two different experiences. And I got real hip-hop fans now who don't even f*** with Tyrese 'cause they love what Black Ty talks about. Then I got fans that are open-minded, who love me as a singer but (also) love me as an MC."
Currently in process of a tour promoting "Alter Ego", Gibson hardly puts his whole mind to the new album. It is still in its early stages and plans have just been made. One thing that he hopes to be part of the album is another collaboration with people who had contributed in "Alter Ego". He did mention the name Snoop Dogg, but nobody knows since everything is still raw.
More Tyrese Gibson News
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4