Don Cheadle Grooming Five Film Projects
Planting his nails deeper into show business, Don Cheadle has come up with five big screen projects that he is about to produce and star in. All of them will be set up at Crescendo Productions, the company in which he partners with longtime managers Kay Liberman and Lenore Zerman.
Among the five, there will be a biopic of famed musician Miles Davis which Cheadle is eyeing as his feature directorial debut. Liberman and Zerman both claimed they have secured music and life rights to the jazz legend with writing duo Stephen J. Rivele and Chris Wilkinson working on the script.
Another on the plate is a politically charged drama entitled "Traitor" that will be directed by Jeff Nachmanoff based on his own script. Here Cheadle will portray an operative embedded in a terrorist organization who becomes the target of federal agents in their fear that he has crossed the line and actually turned to be a terrorist himself.
Also included in the lineup is "Broken Adonis" which finds Cheadle as an ex-con who forms an unlikely relationship with a border patrol officer and her young informant. "Amazing Grace" director Michael Apted is attached to helm from a screenplay written by Peter Biegen.
The rest two will be Ben Watkins and Guy Guillet-scripted comedy "Quest to Ref" of which story presents a disenchanted lawyer who follows his life dream to become a pro basketball ref and "Marching Powder", a fact-based story of a drug dealer who spent five years working as a tour guide in the notorious San Pedro Prison in Bolivia.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture