Jake Gyllenhaal to Be Captain Marvel?
Previously almost cast as the titular character in "Spider-Man 2" replacing fellow actor Tobey Maguire, Jake Gyllenhaal may have chance to be another superhero of his own if the report is proven true.
New York Daily News has opened up hot tidbit that the Oscar nominee could be the chosen actor to play Captain Marvel in "Shazam!", New Line Cinema's adaptation of DC Comics character created by C.C. Beck and Bill Parker.
Sources revealed that helmer Peter Segal and his fellow producers intend to have Gyllenhaal onboard before "Spider-Man" director Sam Raimi does since Maguire recently indicated that he may let go the role in the fourth installment of the hit franchise.
"They're ready to spend up to $200 million to get it started," an insider told the site.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!