Jake Gyllenhaal to Be Captain Marvel?
Previously almost cast as the titular character in "Spider-Man 2" replacing fellow actor Tobey Maguire, Jake Gyllenhaal may have chance to be another superhero of his own if the report is proven true.
New York Daily News has opened up hot tidbit that the Oscar nominee could be the chosen actor to play Captain Marvel in "Shazam!", New Line Cinema's adaptation of DC Comics character created by C.C. Beck and Bill Parker.
Sources revealed that helmer Peter Segal and his fellow producers intend to have Gyllenhaal onboard before "Spider-Man" director Sam Raimi does since Maguire recently indicated that he may let go the role in the fourth installment of the hit franchise.
"They're ready to spend up to $200 million to get it started," an insider told the site.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia