Jake Gyllenhaal to Be Captain Marvel?
Previously almost cast as the titular character in "Spider-Man 2" replacing fellow actor Tobey Maguire, Jake Gyllenhaal may have chance to be another superhero of his own if the report is proven true.
New York Daily News has opened up hot tidbit that the Oscar nominee could be the chosen actor to play Captain Marvel in "Shazam!", New Line Cinema's adaptation of DC Comics character created by C.C. Beck and Bill Parker.
Sources revealed that helmer Peter Segal and his fellow producers intend to have Gyllenhaal onboard before "Spider-Man" director Sam Raimi does since Maguire recently indicated that he may let go the role in the fourth installment of the hit franchise.
"They're ready to spend up to $200 million to get it started," an insider told the site.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March