David Beckham to Play a Cameo in "Truce"
Stepping a little bit further into film industry, David Beckham is reportedly set to make a cameo appearance in Warner Independent Pictures' action drama feature "Truce" which tells about the World War I football game between the English and German armies.
Based on true events, the flick has already had "House of Sand and Fog" director Vadim Perelman onboard to helm from script penned by Stuart Beattie with Jennifer Klein producing. Here Beckham will be featured as a soldier competing in a football game between the English and German armies.
History recalls that the unique truce began on Christmas Eve, December 24, 1914 during which firing stopped along the entire 500 miles of the Western Front of WWI as British and German soldiers celebrated the holy day together. In one sector, both sides even got engaged in a friendly soccer match which was played in the icy mud of No Man's Land in France, becoming famous as the world's only friendly football match between enemy soldiers during a war.
More David Beckham News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen