David Beckham to Play a Cameo in "Truce"
Stepping a little bit further into film industry, David Beckham is reportedly set to make a cameo appearance in Warner Independent Pictures' action drama feature "Truce" which tells about the World War I football game between the English and German armies.
Based on true events, the flick has already had "House of Sand and Fog" director Vadim Perelman onboard to helm from script penned by Stuart Beattie with Jennifer Klein producing. Here Beckham will be featured as a soldier competing in a football game between the English and German armies.
History recalls that the unique truce began on Christmas Eve, December 24, 1914 during which firing stopped along the entire 500 miles of the Western Front of WWI as British and German soldiers celebrated the holy day together. In one sector, both sides even got engaged in a friendly soccer match which was played in the icy mud of No Man's Land in France, becoming famous as the world's only friendly football match between enemy soldiers during a war.
More David Beckham News
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending