New Line Walks on "The Black Path"
A taut drama is taking shape at New Line Cinema. Variety has reported that the studio is setting up a new big screen project entitled "The Black Path" at its pit and has tapped newcomer Henry Jones to pen the screenplay.
Based on the true story of the Incan treasure of Atahualpa, which has never been found but is believed to be cursed, the picture revolves around a brilliant but unemployed novelist who locates the legendary treasure while researching a magazine travel piece in Ecuador. To his horror, the people in his search party turn out to begin kill each other to stake their claim to the gold.
Formed in 1967, New Line Cinema is a subsidiary of Time Warner Inc. which operates several divisions like theatrical distribution, marketing, home video, and a unit specializing in independent film named Picturehouse. Its upcoming slate for year 2007 include "Fracture", "Hairspray", "Rush Hour 3", and the anticipated "The Golden Compass."
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic