New Line Walks on "The Black Path"
A taut drama is taking shape at New Line Cinema. Variety has reported that the studio is setting up a new big screen project entitled "The Black Path" at its pit and has tapped newcomer Henry Jones to pen the screenplay.
Based on the true story of the Incan treasure of Atahualpa, which has never been found but is believed to be cursed, the picture revolves around a brilliant but unemployed novelist who locates the legendary treasure while researching a magazine travel piece in Ecuador. To his horror, the people in his search party turn out to begin kill each other to stake their claim to the gold.
Formed in 1967, New Line Cinema is a subsidiary of Time Warner Inc. which operates several divisions like theatrical distribution, marketing, home video, and a unit specializing in independent film named Picturehouse. Its upcoming slate for year 2007 include "Fracture", "Hairspray", "Rush Hour 3", and the anticipated "The Golden Compass."
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie