New Line Walks on "The Black Path"
A taut drama is taking shape at New Line Cinema. Variety has reported that the studio is setting up a new big screen project entitled "The Black Path" at its pit and has tapped newcomer Henry Jones to pen the screenplay.
Based on the true story of the Incan treasure of Atahualpa, which has never been found but is believed to be cursed, the picture revolves around a brilliant but unemployed novelist who locates the legendary treasure while researching a magazine travel piece in Ecuador. To his horror, the people in his search party turn out to begin kill each other to stake their claim to the gold.
Formed in 1967, New Line Cinema is a subsidiary of Time Warner Inc. which operates several divisions like theatrical distribution, marketing, home video, and a unit specializing in independent film named Picturehouse. Its upcoming slate for year 2007 include "Fracture", "Hairspray", "Rush Hour 3", and the anticipated "The Golden Compass."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris