New Line Walks on "The Black Path"
A taut drama is taking shape at New Line Cinema. Variety has reported that the studio is setting up a new big screen project entitled "The Black Path" at its pit and has tapped newcomer Henry Jones to pen the screenplay.
Based on the true story of the Incan treasure of Atahualpa, which has never been found but is believed to be cursed, the picture revolves around a brilliant but unemployed novelist who locates the legendary treasure while researching a magazine travel piece in Ecuador. To his horror, the people in his search party turn out to begin kill each other to stake their claim to the gold.
Formed in 1967, New Line Cinema is a subsidiary of Time Warner Inc. which operates several divisions like theatrical distribution, marketing, home video, and a unit specializing in independent film named Picturehouse. Its upcoming slate for year 2007 include "Fracture", "Hairspray", "Rush Hour 3", and the anticipated "The Golden Compass."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival