Clint Eastwood Gets Jazzy in New Documentary
One apparently is not enough for an acclaimed artist like Clint Eastwood. Previously partnering with Netflix, Inc.'s division Red Envelope Entertainment to executive produce "Tony Bennett: The Music Never Ends", a documentary about the prominent recording singer, the man now is reported to make another about U.S. jazz pianist Dave Brubeck.
Eastwood is said to serve as producer on the feature, tentatively titled "Dave Brubeck -- In His Own Sweet Way" alongside Bruce Ricker who will also direct. The twosome previously teamed up to bring a documentary about fellow jazz artist Thelonious Monk titled "Thelonious Monk, Straight No Chaser" in 1988.
"Dave Brubeck is an American legend," Eastwood remarked in a statement released by the University of the Pacific. "He is an American original who continues to make significant contributions to music, introduced a whole new generation to the world of jazz, and continues to explore the international language of music."
Pic will track Brubeck's musical career from its start to his latest work, the jazz opera "Cannery Row Suite," which made its premiere at the Monterey Jazz Festival in 2006. Eastwood himself is known to be a member of the board of directors for the event as well as the honorary chairman of the Brubeck Institute since its inception in 2000. According to the institution, he even will chair a new honorary board set up to preserve and continue the legacy of the musician.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Gets Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed