Clint Eastwood Gets Jazzy in New Documentary
One apparently is not enough for an acclaimed artist like Clint Eastwood. Previously partnering with Netflix, Inc.'s division Red Envelope Entertainment to executive produce "Tony Bennett: The Music Never Ends", a documentary about the prominent recording singer, the man now is reported to make another about U.S. jazz pianist Dave Brubeck.
Eastwood is said to serve as producer on the feature, tentatively titled "Dave Brubeck -- In His Own Sweet Way" alongside Bruce Ricker who will also direct. The twosome previously teamed up to bring a documentary about fellow jazz artist Thelonious Monk titled "Thelonious Monk, Straight No Chaser" in 1988.
"Dave Brubeck is an American legend," Eastwood remarked in a statement released by the University of the Pacific. "He is an American original who continues to make significant contributions to music, introduced a whole new generation to the world of jazz, and continues to explore the international language of music."
Pic will track Brubeck's musical career from its start to his latest work, the jazz opera "Cannery Row Suite," which made its premiere at the Monterey Jazz Festival in 2006. Eastwood himself is known to be a member of the board of directors for the event as well as the honorary chairman of the Brubeck Institute since its inception in 2000. According to the institution, he even will chair a new honorary board set up to preserve and continue the legacy of the musician.
More Clint Eastwood News
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman