New Bond Girl Is Abbie Cornish?
Adding the hype surrounding "Bond 22", Australian magazine New Idea has brought in an interesting tidbit that native actress Abbie Cornish is being considered as "the top of a shortlist of contenders" to become the next Bond girl in the project and is expected to fly to Singapore to meet with producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson to have talks about it.
"Abbie is perfect because she is not familiar to film audiences, but at the same time people have become intrigued by her," a source told the magazine, citing an unnamed insider at Bond studio MGM. "She may not have enjoyed being caught up in a scandal at the time but it certainly helped her profile."
The scandal in question refers to the heavy reports on the alleged affair Cornish is presumed to have with her "Stop-Loss" fellow cast member Ryan Phillippe, who recently got separated from his wife Reese Witherspoon. As for her onscreen appearance, the beauty is last seen playing the titular character "Candy" and next will show up in "The Golden Age", which has been slated for an October 5 release.
Apart from Cornish's possible inclusion, there have also been casting rumor saying that Croatian thespian Goran Visnjic has been assigned to play none other than Vesper Lynd's Algerian boyfriend whom Eva Green, the actress who portrayed Lynd in "Casino Royale", said to be a major villain in the flick. Croatian newspapers previously claimed it was the coveted stint that led to the actor's decision to quit his role in NBC's hit series "ER" which he has been joining since 1999.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service