Paul McCartney to Stay Under Starbuck Records' Wing
A case of label dumping for a new one has occurred among Paul McCartney, Starbucks Record and Capitol Records. McCartney who has stayed under Capitol Records' wing for 43 years left the recording house for brand new Starbucks Record.
As a former member of The Beatles, McCartney has recorded songs with his band for Capitol since 1964. Though he stopped recording for the label momentarily in early '80s, he eventually returned to Capitol. It is reported that the Capitol party is overwhelmed by this incident yet is quite prepared. "They knew it was coming. They did nothing for the Chaos album, and they were reminded that McCartney's entire contract was ending," a source told.
Officially, McCartney is the first artist to sign the deal with Starbucks and therefore his record will also be Starbuck's first release. A source said that this new label is in a good track, "They have a very targeted, efficient distribution channel that allows them to be profitable in a limited way with music."
According to the latest report, Starbucks only distributed music through its coffee shops chain, but there is a plan that Starbucks Records will expand distribution of its releases to other retail outlets.
More Paul McCartney News
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting