"Tulia" Is Billy Bob Thornton's Next Stop
Set to repeat the stunning onscreen collaboration between him and Halle Berry as seen before in "Monster's Ball", Billy Bob Thornton has signed on to once again play opposite the Oscar-winning actress in Lionsgate's dramatic feature "Tulia."
An adaptation of Nate Blakeslee's non-fiction book "Tulia: Race, Cocaine, and Corruption in a Small Texas Town", the picture finds Berry as an attorney who attempts to expose a corrupt and racially motivated rash of drug convictions in the rural town. What role Thornton is assigned to portray, however, has not yet been revealed.
Production on the film begins one day earlier from previous schedule on April 30 in and around New Orleans, Louisiana with Berry, Adam Rosenfelt, Jesse Franklin, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins, and Vince Cirrincione all producing. "High Crimes" helmer Carl Franklin is in charge to direct from the script penned by Karen Croner that he re-wrote.
Thornton, known for his role as a mentally retarded man in "Sling Blade" which won him an Oscar for best adapted screenplay, currently can be seen in theaters playing the lead in Warner Bros. Pictures' inspiring tale of "The Astronaut Farmer." Apart from taking part in "Tulia", he is reportedly also attached to star in "Peace Like a River" and "Manure", which will reunite him with "Farmer" writer-directors Mike and Mark Polish.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy