"Tulia" Is Billy Bob Thornton's Next Stop
Set to repeat the stunning onscreen collaboration between him and Halle Berry as seen before in "Monster's Ball", Billy Bob Thornton has signed on to once again play opposite the Oscar-winning actress in Lionsgate's dramatic feature "Tulia."
An adaptation of Nate Blakeslee's non-fiction book "Tulia: Race, Cocaine, and Corruption in a Small Texas Town", the picture finds Berry as an attorney who attempts to expose a corrupt and racially motivated rash of drug convictions in the rural town. What role Thornton is assigned to portray, however, has not yet been revealed.
Production on the film begins one day earlier from previous schedule on April 30 in and around New Orleans, Louisiana with Berry, Adam Rosenfelt, Jesse Franklin, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins, and Vince Cirrincione all producing. "High Crimes" helmer Carl Franklin is in charge to direct from the script penned by Karen Croner that he re-wrote.
Thornton, known for his role as a mentally retarded man in "Sling Blade" which won him an Oscar for best adapted screenplay, currently can be seen in theaters playing the lead in Warner Bros. Pictures' inspiring tale of "The Astronaut Farmer." Apart from taking part in "Tulia", he is reportedly also attached to star in "Peace Like a River" and "Manure", which will reunite him with "Farmer" writer-directors Mike and Mark Polish.
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery