Kris Kristofferson to Receive CMT's Johnny Cash Visionary Award
With names such as Loretta Lynn, Reba McEntire, and Dixie Chicks listed as the previous recipients of CMT's Johnny Cash Visionary Award, country singer and actor Kris Kristofferson is honored to receive it this year. Announced by the cable station on March 12, 2007, Kris will collect it on the actual event on April 16 in Nashville.
Tapped to hand the award is Cash' daughter, Rosanne Cash. She feels that Kris is the perfect choice for this year since her father and him are closer than brothers. "I love Kris fiercely, not just because he and my father are cut from the same spiritual cloth, and because he is the living artistic link to my dad, but because he is my ideal as a songwriter and a human being," Rosanne said in an email.
In the same road, Kris is also honored to receive the award. "John was my hero before he was my friend, and anything with his name on it is really an honor in my eyes," he said during a phone interview from Atlanta. "I was thinking back to when I first met him, and if I ever thought that I'd be getting an award with his name on it, it would have carried me through a lot of hard times."
The 70 years old singer is an influential country music icon who occasionally works as an actor. He is mostly known for the hits that he made such as "Me and Bobby McGee", "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down", and "Help Me Make It Through the Night". He writes almost all of his songs and Willie Nelson described his lyrics as 'literature'.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture