Kris Kristofferson to Receive CMT's Johnny Cash Visionary Award
With names such as Loretta Lynn, Reba McEntire, and Dixie Chicks listed as the previous recipients of CMT's Johnny Cash Visionary Award, country singer and actor Kris Kristofferson is honored to receive it this year. Announced by the cable station on March 12, 2007, Kris will collect it on the actual event on April 16 in Nashville.
Tapped to hand the award is Cash' daughter, Rosanne Cash. She feels that Kris is the perfect choice for this year since her father and him are closer than brothers. "I love Kris fiercely, not just because he and my father are cut from the same spiritual cloth, and because he is the living artistic link to my dad, but because he is my ideal as a songwriter and a human being," Rosanne said in an email.
In the same road, Kris is also honored to receive the award. "John was my hero before he was my friend, and anything with his name on it is really an honor in my eyes," he said during a phone interview from Atlanta. "I was thinking back to when I first met him, and if I ever thought that I'd be getting an award with his name on it, it would have carried me through a lot of hard times."
The 70 years old singer is an influential country music icon who occasionally works as an actor. He is mostly known for the hits that he made such as "Me and Bobby McGee", "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down", and "Help Me Make It Through the Night". He writes almost all of his songs and Willie Nelson described his lyrics as 'literature'.
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake