No More Delays on Kelly Rowland's Sophomore Album
Kelly Rowland has been working on her sophomore album since 2005, yet the talked about album did not hit the stores the following year. Two title changes and three altered release dates after, Rowland's album is finally set for official release on June 26.
The album actually was meant to be out on July 11, 2006, yet according to the artist's manager, Matthew Knowles, a longer period is needed to prepare the project. "We want to make sure our marketing strategy is a multi-tiered approach that capitalizes on the synergies afforded by her other projects." The album was also initially titled "My Story: Kelly Rowland", but was eventually changed to "Ms. Kelly" (2007).
Although luring lots of musicians and producers such as Sean Garrett, Swizz Beatz, Tank, Snoop Dogg and Eve into this new project, Rowland promised that this record is truly 'hers' as she puts heart and soul fully in this. "This album is very different from the last record. It was so alternative and this record is urban. I wanted to go back to my roots (because) that's where I started and that's what feels natural to me," she said.
The first single "Like This" has been promoted on AOL Music in February 2007 and released on iTunes on March 13. Its CD single is going to be released later on April 17. Meanwhile, track "Ghetto" featuring Snoop Dogg is made the second single released from the album.
Update 06/05/2007: This album was further pushed back to July 3rd. A source claimed that this other delay was to avoid competition with 50 Cent's "Curtis" which ironically also pushed to September 4 from the original release date on June 26.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy