No More Delays on Kelly Rowland's Sophomore Album
Kelly Rowland has been working on her sophomore album since 2005, yet the talked about album did not hit the stores the following year. Two title changes and three altered release dates after, Rowland's album is finally set for official release on June 26.
The album actually was meant to be out on July 11, 2006, yet according to the artist's manager, Matthew Knowles, a longer period is needed to prepare the project. "We want to make sure our marketing strategy is a multi-tiered approach that capitalizes on the synergies afforded by her other projects." The album was also initially titled "My Story: Kelly Rowland", but was eventually changed to "Ms. Kelly" (2007).
Although luring lots of musicians and producers such as Sean Garrett, Swizz Beatz, Tank, Snoop Dogg and Eve into this new project, Rowland promised that this record is truly 'hers' as she puts heart and soul fully in this. "This album is very different from the last record. It was so alternative and this record is urban. I wanted to go back to my roots (because) that's where I started and that's what feels natural to me," she said.
The first single "Like This" has been promoted on AOL Music in February 2007 and released on iTunes on March 13. Its CD single is going to be released later on April 17. Meanwhile, track "Ghetto" featuring Snoop Dogg is made the second single released from the album.
Update 06/05/2007: This album was further pushed back to July 3rd. A source claimed that this other delay was to avoid competition with 50 Cent's "Curtis" which ironically also pushed to September 4 from the original release date on June 26.
More Kelly Rowland News
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle