Gerard Butler Performs a Smooth "Escape"
Still hot from his role in epic action movie "300", Gerard Butler now is shifting to modern action flick. Variety reveals that the actor has been picked up to be the leadstar in "Escape from New York", a remake of John Carpenter's 1981 work of the same name.
Assuming the role originated by Kurt Russell, Butler will portray the one-eyed convict Snake Plissken who gets assigned to breach into the inescapable maximum security prison formerly known as Manhattan to liberate the U.S. president. Script will be worked by "Black Hawk Down" scribe Ken Nolan with Neal Moritz being attached as the producer.
Buttler, hailed from Glasgow, Scotland, initially made his way in acting through stage plays before landing his film debut in "Mrs. Brown" (1997). His upcoming big screen credits include "Butterfly on a Wheel", "P.S., I Love You", and "Therese Raquin" which Glenn Close and Giovanni Ribisi also star in.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo