Gerard Butler Performs a Smooth "Escape"
Still hot from his role in epic action movie "300", Gerard Butler now is shifting to modern action flick. Variety reveals that the actor has been picked up to be the leadstar in "Escape from New York", a remake of John Carpenter's 1981 work of the same name.
Assuming the role originated by Kurt Russell, Butler will portray the one-eyed convict Snake Plissken who gets assigned to breach into the inescapable maximum security prison formerly known as Manhattan to liberate the U.S. president. Script will be worked by "Black Hawk Down" scribe Ken Nolan with Neal Moritz being attached as the producer.
Buttler, hailed from Glasgow, Scotland, initially made his way in acting through stage plays before landing his film debut in "Mrs. Brown" (1997). His upcoming big screen credits include "Butterfly on a Wheel", "P.S., I Love You", and "Therese Raquin" which Glenn Close and Giovanni Ribisi also star in.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?