Gerard Butler Performs a Smooth "Escape"
Still hot from his role in epic action movie "300", Gerard Butler now is shifting to modern action flick. Variety reveals that the actor has been picked up to be the leadstar in "Escape from New York", a remake of John Carpenter's 1981 work of the same name.
Assuming the role originated by Kurt Russell, Butler will portray the one-eyed convict Snake Plissken who gets assigned to breach into the inescapable maximum security prison formerly known as Manhattan to liberate the U.S. president. Script will be worked by "Black Hawk Down" scribe Ken Nolan with Neal Moritz being attached as the producer.
Buttler, hailed from Glasgow, Scotland, initially made his way in acting through stage plays before landing his film debut in "Mrs. Brown" (1997). His upcoming big screen credits include "Butterfly on a Wheel", "P.S., I Love You", and "Therese Raquin" which Glenn Close and Giovanni Ribisi also star in.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent