Gerard Butler Performs a Smooth "Escape"
Still hot from his role in epic action movie "300", Gerard Butler now is shifting to modern action flick. Variety reveals that the actor has been picked up to be the leadstar in "Escape from New York", a remake of John Carpenter's 1981 work of the same name.
Assuming the role originated by Kurt Russell, Butler will portray the one-eyed convict Snake Plissken who gets assigned to breach into the inescapable maximum security prison formerly known as Manhattan to liberate the U.S. president. Script will be worked by "Black Hawk Down" scribe Ken Nolan with Neal Moritz being attached as the producer.
Buttler, hailed from Glasgow, Scotland, initially made his way in acting through stage plays before landing his film debut in "Mrs. Brown" (1997). His upcoming big screen credits include "Butterfly on a Wheel", "P.S., I Love You", and "Therese Raquin" which Glenn Close and Giovanni Ribisi also star in.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'