Six Immigrating to "Cracktown"
Building a promising ensemble cast, Shannyn Sossamon, Lara Flynn Boyle, Vondie Curtis-Hall, Thomas Ian Nicholas, Mark Webber, and Tony Plana have all come onboard to join Victor Rasuk and Kerry Washington in urban drug-addiction drama "Life Is Hot in Cracktown", The Hollywood Reporter has revealed.
Based on Buddy Giovinazzo's eponymous 1993 collection of short stories, the project intertwines several unsettling tales of people in a neighborhood ravaged by crack cocaine. The author himself has been confirmed to both write and direct with Larry Rattner and William Fisch producing for Ithaka Entertainment.
Here Sossamon will portray a woman faced with the challenges of raising her sick child and supporting her husband, played by Rasuk, who runs a drug-infested tenement building while Boyle will become a cruel prostitute named Betty McBain who leads a man off to find a missing girl.
Nicholas, in the meantime, is billed as a rookie cop who relies on a street-toughened veteran, played by Curtis-Hall, to show him the ropes with Webber assuming the role of a transvestite prostitute, Washington as transgender co-worker, and Plana as an alcoholic man.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift