Six Immigrating to "Cracktown"
Building a promising ensemble cast, Shannyn Sossamon, Lara Flynn Boyle, Vondie Curtis-Hall, Thomas Ian Nicholas, Mark Webber, and Tony Plana have all come onboard to join Victor Rasuk and Kerry Washington in urban drug-addiction drama "Life Is Hot in Cracktown", The Hollywood Reporter has revealed.
Based on Buddy Giovinazzo's eponymous 1993 collection of short stories, the project intertwines several unsettling tales of people in a neighborhood ravaged by crack cocaine. The author himself has been confirmed to both write and direct with Larry Rattner and William Fisch producing for Ithaka Entertainment.
Here Sossamon will portray a woman faced with the challenges of raising her sick child and supporting her husband, played by Rasuk, who runs a drug-infested tenement building while Boyle will become a cruel prostitute named Betty McBain who leads a man off to find a missing girl.
Nicholas, in the meantime, is billed as a rookie cop who relies on a street-toughened veteran, played by Curtis-Hall, to show him the ropes with Webber assuming the role of a transvestite prostitute, Washington as transgender co-worker, and Plana as an alcoholic man.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death