James Brown Laid to Rest, Finally
Music legend James Brown finally laid to rest Saturday March 10th. The Godfather of Soul's body was placed in a crypt at his daughter, Deanna Brown Thomas' Beech Island, South Carolina home Saturday, 75 days after his death.
The noon ceremony was attended by close family and friends, including Brown's partner, Tomi Rae Brown. Rev Al Sharpton, who presided the ceremony, spoke on their behalf. "His children decided that they were not going to wait on the courts. He left a lot. They're fighting. People fight over that in court. They wanted their father entombed with dignity."
Brown died December 25th last year. He was 73. For months, his body has been kept at C.A. Reid's funeral home. Following the burial, Tomi Rae wants to build a public mausoleum on the ground of Brown's last home and turn the house into a museum, similar to that of Elvis Presley's Graceland.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'