James Brown Laid to Rest, Finally
Music legend James Brown finally laid to rest Saturday March 10th. The Godfather of Soul's body was placed in a crypt at his daughter, Deanna Brown Thomas' Beech Island, South Carolina home Saturday, 75 days after his death.
The noon ceremony was attended by close family and friends, including Brown's partner, Tomi Rae Brown. Rev Al Sharpton, who presided the ceremony, spoke on their behalf. "His children decided that they were not going to wait on the courts. He left a lot. They're fighting. People fight over that in court. They wanted their father entombed with dignity."
Brown died December 25th last year. He was 73. For months, his body has been kept at C.A. Reid's funeral home. Following the burial, Tomi Rae wants to build a public mausoleum on the ground of Brown's last home and turn the house into a museum, similar to that of Elvis Presley's Graceland.
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video