James Brown Laid to Rest, Finally
Music legend James Brown finally laid to rest Saturday March 10th. The Godfather of Soul's body was placed in a crypt at his daughter, Deanna Brown Thomas' Beech Island, South Carolina home Saturday, 75 days after his death.
The noon ceremony was attended by close family and friends, including Brown's partner, Tomi Rae Brown. Rev Al Sharpton, who presided the ceremony, spoke on their behalf. "His children decided that they were not going to wait on the courts. He left a lot. They're fighting. People fight over that in court. They wanted their father entombed with dignity."
Brown died December 25th last year. He was 73. For months, his body has been kept at C.A. Reid's funeral home. Following the burial, Tomi Rae wants to build a public mausoleum on the ground of Brown's last home and turn the house into a museum, similar to that of Elvis Presley's Graceland.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist