James Brown Laid to Rest, Finally
Music legend James Brown finally laid to rest Saturday March 10th. The Godfather of Soul's body was placed in a crypt at his daughter, Deanna Brown Thomas' Beech Island, South Carolina home Saturday, 75 days after his death.
The noon ceremony was attended by close family and friends, including Brown's partner, Tomi Rae Brown. Rev Al Sharpton, who presided the ceremony, spoke on their behalf. "His children decided that they were not going to wait on the courts. He left a lot. They're fighting. People fight over that in court. They wanted their father entombed with dignity."
Brown died December 25th last year. He was 73. For months, his body has been kept at C.A. Reid's funeral home. Following the burial, Tomi Rae wants to build a public mausoleum on the ground of Brown's last home and turn the house into a museum, similar to that of Elvis Presley's Graceland.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences