James Brown Laid to Rest, Finally
Music legend James Brown finally laid to rest Saturday March 10th. The Godfather of Soul's body was placed in a crypt at his daughter, Deanna Brown Thomas' Beech Island, South Carolina home Saturday, 75 days after his death.
The noon ceremony was attended by close family and friends, including Brown's partner, Tomi Rae Brown. Rev Al Sharpton, who presided the ceremony, spoke on their behalf. "His children decided that they were not going to wait on the courts. He left a lot. They're fighting. People fight over that in court. They wanted their father entombed with dignity."
Brown died December 25th last year. He was 73. For months, his body has been kept at C.A. Reid's funeral home. Following the burial, Tomi Rae wants to build a public mausoleum on the ground of Brown's last home and turn the house into a museum, similar to that of Elvis Presley's Graceland.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard