John Legend Taps Artists to Enter "Home School"
Grammy Award wining John Legend broadens his influence in the musical industry by opening a recording house, Home Schooling. He is looking forward to tap both several young artists and the renowned ones to be 'home schooled'.
In search of new talents, Legend eyed British hip-hop singer Estelle. Legend has met the singer and hooked up nicely, "We've already gotten close to finishing the album, and she's got some great material. Estelle is an extremely talented writer and performer, rapper and singer, all of that, and she's got a great ear. She really gets music, so I think she's going to do very well." Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am is reported to have been working in the studio with Estelle.
Next in the queue line is Vaughn Anthony, a new and raw talent that Legend wishes to sign in besides other MCs that he has been working with. Not only spotting raw talents, Legend is also on to sign deals with recognized celebrities such as Whitney Houston, Alicia Keys and Jennifer Hudson. He had been working with Keys several times before and therefore is looking forward to work with her again. Meanwhile, his song writing plans with Houston and Hudson brings no rush to the singer, "You never know with those things - you see what happens. If it comes out hot, it will make the album. If not, then it will just be an experience."
Legend stated he employed the label's name from his childhood experience. As a kid, he was home schooled for a while and the thought kind of submerge in him, "The idea is having this home factory of making music, where there's attention to detail and an authenticity, a soulfulness, to it. There's an independent spirit to it. That's the reason for the name." With this new project, Legend is going easy but steady "We're growing, and I'm just trying to find great talent and bring it to light. It's a lot of fun."
More John Legend News
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'