Madonna at the Center of Media Attention Over Car Seat Controversy
Madonna learns mothering lessons from fellow singer Britney Spears. Sadly she doesn't learn the best way. The pop superstar is at the center of media attention after she was recently photographed taking adopted son David Banda for a drive on her lap.
Madonna and husband Guy Ritchie loaded their three children, Rocco John Richie, Lourdes Maria Ciccone, and David, into their Escalade SUV after March 2 services at the Kabbalah Center in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, baby David was not properly restrained, it has been reported.
"There was no car seat. (Madonna) sat in the middle row, and they left with David on her lap," US Weekly quoted a source as saying. Speaking on that encounter, a representative for the singer dismissed the claims, saying, "Proper security measures are always taken for Madonna's children."
Spears sparked controversy last year when she was pictured driving in Los Angeles with son Sean Preston balanced precariously on her lap without a seat belt.
On a more personal note, one of Madonna's former nannies is said to write a revealing book about the inner workings of the singer's household. Melissa Dumas, who claimed she used to work for Madonna, is said to have sent an 80-page proposal to various publishing houses, which contains intimate details of the star's family life. Subjects included in the book, such as Madonna and Ritchie's marriage, their children's behavior, and the reasons behind the adoption of baby David, reports Entertainment Weekly.
More Madonna News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March