Shazam! Here Comes John August
Prolific writer John August gets another big job to do. The Colorado-born man has delightfully been appointed to pen for “Shazam!”, the New Line Cinema's adaptation of DC Comics series which tells about a teenager who becomes the superhero known as Captain Marvel.
"It's a unique opportunity to do a comic book movie where the character in it actually read comic books," August commented. "What's terrific about the character is that he looks like this superstudly superhero but is really a 13-year-old boy. And to approach everything that is great about a superhero movie from a 13-year-old boy's perspective was a unique way in."
In working on the script, August reportedly has sat down with DC Comics writer Geoff Johns to make sure the filmmakers' approach to the character was consistent with what fans love about him.
“I think we're going to be able to be really faithful to the mythology and yet make it completely transparent for people who have no idea who the character is,” so he said.
Already has “The Longest Yard” helmer Peter Segal onboard to direct, the flick concerns on a young boy named Billy Batson who finds himself gifted with the power of the wizard Shazam to fight against the forces of evil with the wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Aries, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles, and the speed of Mercury. Segal will also produce alongside Michael Ewing while Christopher Godsick and Michael Uslan are executive producing.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'