American Idol's Top 12 Announced
America has chosen the twelve contestants they think deserve to be the finalists in American Idol cycle 6. Four more guys and girls are cut down from the competition on March 9 leaving only 12 behind.
Those who make it through are Blake Lewis, LaKisha Jones, Chris Sligh, Jordin Sparks, Phil Stacey, Melinda Doolittle, Brandon Rogers, Gina Glocksen, Chris Richardson, Stephanie Edwards, Haley Scarnato and Sanjaya Malakar. Drawing as many as 37 million votes this time, Antonella Barba, Sabrina Sloan, Jared Cotter and Sundance Head are not so lucky. They are out of the competition due to low votes.
Antonella who for some is more famous for her look rather than her voice quality eventually went home and did not invite protests from the judges. Similar case happened to Cotter who admitted that he was 'shocked'. Simon Cowell said that he got the look but not much in the vocals then suggested him to work on the latter. Meanwhile, for the other two Sabrina and Sundance, the judges did not agree in their elimination especially on Sundance. Paula Abdul said, "I'm speechless. This is a singing competition, and Sundance, you've been one of our finest." Judge Randy Jackson on the other hand, was weighing down on Sabrina's leave and said that America was wrong.
Until March 8, the guys and the girls had performed in two separated groups. The Result Show held on March 9 was the one that determined who made it through to the final. Various reactions occurred during this show especially when Ryan Seacrest was about to call out between Malakar and Sundance. This would decide who take the 12th position. When Malakar's name was called because he made it through, it sent a wave of shock to the judges since he was not a favorite all this long.
In the show, Carrie Underwood, the previous two season's winner guest starred and performed her piece "Wasted". The final 12 then eventually took the first taste of red carpet walk in front of TVs and Cameras in the after show. They will be back on stage to compete against each other until the winner takes it all in May. Predictions have been made that the winner will come from the girls' group where LaKisha Jones is the frontrunner. The guys have disagreed and claimed to get 'tired of this'.
More American Idol News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna