Maggie Gyllenhaal to Fight By "The Dark Knight" Side
Stop all the fuzz about who to replace Katie Holmes in "The Dark Knight", folks, as Variety finally has brought in reliable news stating that Maggie Gyllenhaal is one step away from becoming Rachel Dawes, the role that the "Dawson's Creek" star dropped earlier this year.
By the time she signs the papers, the Golden Globe-nominated actress will then officially be the part of the star-studded cast which has already cast both Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart apart from original members like Christian Bale and Gary Oldman. Rumors previously were heavy on her, Rachel McAdams, and Emily Blunt being approached to play the character.
Financed by both Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures, "Knight" is the second installment in the revitalized "Batman" franchise which first took form in 2005's "Batman Begins." Christopher Nolan is back to direct for a planned summer 2008 release while also serving as producers alongside Emma Thomas and Charles Roven.
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation