Maggie Gyllenhaal to Fight By "The Dark Knight" Side
Stop all the fuzz about who to replace Katie Holmes in "The Dark Knight", folks, as Variety finally has brought in reliable news stating that Maggie Gyllenhaal is one step away from becoming Rachel Dawes, the role that the "Dawson's Creek" star dropped earlier this year.
By the time she signs the papers, the Golden Globe-nominated actress will then officially be the part of the star-studded cast which has already cast both Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart apart from original members like Christian Bale and Gary Oldman. Rumors previously were heavy on her, Rachel McAdams, and Emily Blunt being approached to play the character.
Financed by both Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures, "Knight" is the second installment in the revitalized "Batman" franchise which first took form in 2005's "Batman Begins." Christopher Nolan is back to direct for a planned summer 2008 release while also serving as producers alongside Emma Thomas and Charles Roven.
- Kim Kardashian's Stolen Jewelry Re-Cut and Sold on Black Market After Robbery
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Forced to Hand Over Kids to Brad Pitt
- NBC Officially Greenlights 'Will and Grace' Revival
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas