Maggie Gyllenhaal to Fight By "The Dark Knight" Side
Stop all the fuzz about who to replace Katie Holmes in "The Dark Knight", folks, as Variety finally has brought in reliable news stating that Maggie Gyllenhaal is one step away from becoming Rachel Dawes, the role that the "Dawson's Creek" star dropped earlier this year.
By the time she signs the papers, the Golden Globe-nominated actress will then officially be the part of the star-studded cast which has already cast both Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart apart from original members like Christian Bale and Gary Oldman. Rumors previously were heavy on her, Rachel McAdams, and Emily Blunt being approached to play the character.
Financed by both Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures, "Knight" is the second installment in the revitalized "Batman" franchise which first took form in 2005's "Batman Begins." Christopher Nolan is back to direct for a planned summer 2008 release while also serving as producers alongside Emma Thomas and Charles Roven.
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up
- Steve Harvey Announces Daughter's Engagement Amid Career Mess
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan Will Be Missing Several Episodes of Season 8
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 14 Continues With New York Auditions
- Kelly Osbourne Pees Herself After Denied Entry to Starbucks