Maggie Gyllenhaal to Fight By "The Dark Knight" Side
Stop all the fuzz about who to replace Katie Holmes in "The Dark Knight", folks, as Variety finally has brought in reliable news stating that Maggie Gyllenhaal is one step away from becoming Rachel Dawes, the role that the "Dawson's Creek" star dropped earlier this year.
By the time she signs the papers, the Golden Globe-nominated actress will then officially be the part of the star-studded cast which has already cast both Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart apart from original members like Christian Bale and Gary Oldman. Rumors previously were heavy on her, Rachel McAdams, and Emily Blunt being approached to play the character.
Financed by both Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures, "Knight" is the second installment in the revitalized "Batman" franchise which first took form in 2005's "Batman Begins." Christopher Nolan is back to direct for a planned summer 2008 release while also serving as producers alongside Emma Thomas and Charles Roven.
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts