Eddie Van Halen Going to Rehab
It's tragic. Eddie Van Halen, rock guitarist of music group Van Halen, said Thursday March 8th he would enter rehab "to work on myself," just days before the music act will be honored at a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony in New York City next week.
In a statement released by his rep, Eddie said "I would like Van Halen fans to know how much I truly appreciate each and every one of you. Without you there is no Van Halen. I have always and will always feel a responsibility to give you my best. At the moment I do not feel that I can give you my best. That's why I have decided to enter a rehabilitation facility to work on myself, so that in the future I can deliver the that I feel I owe you and want to give you."
Van Halen's going to rehab thus confirms earlier speculation that the band's summer tour had been postponed indefinitely while all at once makes it official that the group would not perform at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame celebration.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance