Linkin Park's "Minutes to Midnight" Will Hit the Stores Soon
Working hard for 14 months in the studio and writing more than 100 scores in preparation of the new album, Linkin Park is finally set to release "Minutes to Midnight" on May 15 in US and May 14 in other countries.
17 songs have been selected to be in the record and single "What I've Done" is chosen to be the first single released. It will be aired in radios starting from April 2. Meanwhile, the making of the video for the track has also been finished. Directed by DJ Joseph Hahn, it took the set in Californian desert.
Upon the concept of this new album, the band's guitarist Brad Delson says, "Not only is this album incredibly diverse, but the depth of the material is really strong." Delson continues that he is chiefly fond and proud of the song "The Little Things Give You Away" while some other scores such as "Bleed It Out" and "Another Cut" are thought as 'really fun to be played live'.
Meanwhile, one of the frontmen, Mike Shinoda has hinted that the 'diversity' in the album is seen through the composition of the music instruments used. Banjos, marimbas, vintage guitars and amps are among the few used. "People have always tried to lump us in with the whole rap/rock stereotype, but we don't intentionally want to be part of that scene. We've always had our own personality and I think it really shows on this record."
The title of the album itself is, according to Shinoda, the reference of the Doomsday Clock and has two meanings, "…the Apocalypse…a metaphor for death and rebirth, but it could also be applied to the music industry, sort of tongue-in-cheek." Producing this album, Shinoda is honored to share the process with the Grammy Awards winning producer, Rick Rubin.
Album completed and tour to go, the band is currently in rehearsals. The tours have not been specified but are scheduled later this summer, alongside My Chemical Romance.
- Chris Klein Welcomes First Child With Wife, Shares First Photos of Cute Baby Boy
- 'American Horror Story' First Season 6 Teasers Are Creepy as Hell
- JoJo to Release New Album 'Mad Love' in October
- Ed Sheeran Sparks Wedding Rumors After Spotted With Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed