McG Brings Spirit to "The Losers"
After letting go his chance to direct "Superman Returns", now McG seems to finally get a comic book property to helm. IESB.net has claimed that the Michigan-born filmmaker is taking over Peter Berg's seat as the director of "The Losers", a big screen adaptation of Vertigo/DC Comics of the same name.
Written by Andy Diggle and drawn by Jock aka Mark Simpson, the original draws its concept based on an obscure old DC Comic revolving around team of soldiers in WWII to present a story about a team of special force soldiers who decide to go against the CIA after being betrayed and abandoned.
The film version has already had Akiva Goldsman, Sarah Aubrey, John Cameron, and Kerry Foster all lined up to produce for Warner Bros. Pictures as well as Berg who has also been assigned to pen the script alongside James Vanderbilt. It is still unclear, however, whether "The Rundown" helmer will continue to serve as producer following his replacement.
Apart from this report, IESB has also learned from its studio insider that McG is currently being courted by the 20th Century Fox to direct its new project of "Fantastic Voyage" which is a remake of Oscar winning 1966 sci-fi film of the same title. Since not much is known about it, please stay tuned for more details and updates on the project then.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'