McG Brings Spirit to "The Losers"
After letting go his chance to direct "Superman Returns", now McG seems to finally get a comic book property to helm. IESB.net has claimed that the Michigan-born filmmaker is taking over Peter Berg's seat as the director of "The Losers", a big screen adaptation of Vertigo/DC Comics of the same name.
Written by Andy Diggle and drawn by Jock aka Mark Simpson, the original draws its concept based on an obscure old DC Comic revolving around team of soldiers in WWII to present a story about a team of special force soldiers who decide to go against the CIA after being betrayed and abandoned.
The film version has already had Akiva Goldsman, Sarah Aubrey, John Cameron, and Kerry Foster all lined up to produce for Warner Bros. Pictures as well as Berg who has also been assigned to pen the script alongside James Vanderbilt. It is still unclear, however, whether "The Rundown" helmer will continue to serve as producer following his replacement.
Apart from this report, IESB has also learned from its studio insider that McG is currently being courted by the 20th Century Fox to direct its new project of "Fantastic Voyage" which is a remake of Oscar winning 1966 sci-fi film of the same title. Since not much is known about it, please stay tuned for more details and updates on the project then.
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free
- Britney Spears Recalls Being on 'Awkward' Dates, Says 'Being Famous Doesn't Make You Any Different'
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami