McG Brings Spirit to "The Losers"
After letting go his chance to direct "Superman Returns", now McG seems to finally get a comic book property to helm. IESB.net has claimed that the Michigan-born filmmaker is taking over Peter Berg's seat as the director of "The Losers", a big screen adaptation of Vertigo/DC Comics of the same name.
Written by Andy Diggle and drawn by Jock aka Mark Simpson, the original draws its concept based on an obscure old DC Comic revolving around team of soldiers in WWII to present a story about a team of special force soldiers who decide to go against the CIA after being betrayed and abandoned.
The film version has already had Akiva Goldsman, Sarah Aubrey, John Cameron, and Kerry Foster all lined up to produce for Warner Bros. Pictures as well as Berg who has also been assigned to pen the script alongside James Vanderbilt. It is still unclear, however, whether "The Rundown" helmer will continue to serve as producer following his replacement.
Apart from this report, IESB has also learned from its studio insider that McG is currently being courted by the 20th Century Fox to direct its new project of "Fantastic Voyage" which is a remake of Oscar winning 1966 sci-fi film of the same title. Since not much is known about it, please stay tuned for more details and updates on the project then.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed